• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Las Vegas OC Meetup: Ideas for something different?

Las Vegan

The regular meetings discussed in some of the other states' forums got me thinking. How about something diofferent for the next gathering? Breakfast at a Starbucks (like the ones next door to Einstein Bros Bagels)? Lunch or dinner at a Dennys or IHOP or pizza place? Bar-b-que at a park? Ok, maybe the parks are still gun free crackhead zones, but what else sounds good?

Of course I'm still up for a nice stroll anytime someone wants.

Ronsmag

Super Run

Henderson has the Super Run this month with all the Hot Rods on Water St

28kfps

The supper run is September 23, 24, 25, 26 Starts at the district at Green Valley on Thursday and moves to Water Street on Friday. Bad weekend for me I will be working the NASCAR truck race all day Saturday. Friday evening would be better for me. However, Saturday would be better for a larger public allowing for more awareness training.

Ronsmag

There is also Cars and Coffee every Sat 8am to 11am on Eastern just south of the 215 in the shopping center that has Vegas Motorsports lots of nice cars all different kind hot rods, exotics, sports cars anything you can imagine will show up there on a Sat. I've OC'ed there a couple of times

Ronsmag

Just a thought but what about setting up a table at the super run getting some pamphlets made to hand out and really get the word out, not sure if I'm going to be off. If we are walking around we only get the people that are brave enough to ask, but who wouldn't stop at a booth with a bunch of guys wearing guns Like I said just a thought.

Last edited:

2upFZ1

I thought I went on all of the fremont street walks, I never saw anyone "freak out" and if I did, I do not think I would put it in the context of it being the norm, as it does not help our cause.

By "Freak Out", I meant the surprised looks on their faces.

Not "running, screaming in horror" as you think I meant.

Anyway, back to something constructive...I saw the other post regarding the San Genaro feast as an option. Personally we like either one, or both. That way if some can't make one gathering, they can hopefully make the other.

2upFZ1

Leslie and I will be going to the San Genaro Feast Saturday and planning on getting there at noon. Hopefully we can get a decent showing of OC'ing members. I don't know the layout of the San Genaro Feast at the Silverton, so for those coming and OC'ing, we will stick near the entrance until 1pm(ish) so anyone can find us, and we can all meet up and walk around.

I'll also post up on NS.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
I'd like to go, OC'ing of course. Just because some got kicked out last year doesn't mean not to try again.

In fact, two years ago, I was kicked out, and I recall being the only one. Last year it was several members.

This year, let's make it a large group of people they have to kick out. And remember, insist upon refunds! Show them that the financial impact of kicking out law-abiding, peaceful people doesn't make sense.