Thread: LCAV cites authority to californiaopencarry.org and OCDO

LCAV cites authority to californiaopencarry.org and OCDO

http://www.lcav.org/content/open_carrying.pdf

on page 9

Legal Cowards Advancing Victimhood.

and here is their annual report

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar
    Yeah. I had found that document before, by following the COCDO webstats referer urls. I have mixed feelings about being quoted by the devil...

Too many pages of quoting all the gun restrictions they like. Their report will get shorter and shorter.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Arrow

I wouldn't have a problem with a organization against violence, but the LCAV is NOT a community against violence, they are one against legal gun ownership.

Erik.

Julie Leftwitch, was that her given name or did she just marry the right guy.

Moderator / Administrator

I do not understand why LCAV says SC, AR, and NY are open carry states

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I checked their authorities listed to justify why SC, AR, and NY are open carry states and do not arrive at this conclusion at all (except per AR's traveling exception but that is pretty narrow and vague) - anyone know of why it might be arguable to say AR, SC, NY are open cary states on foot or in vehicles with or without licenses?

And as for their statement that CA, ND, and UT require open carriers to carry UNloaded, this is not true - CA allows open carry of loaded guns in unincorporated terretories generally, except where the county has banned all shooitng; UT and ND allows all concealed permit holders to open carry loaded.
    Last edited by Mike; 09-03-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Moderator / Administrator

I cannot find any LCAV cite to OCDO

They do quote from CaliforniaOpenCarry.org - but not OpenCarry.org

Am I missing somthing?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

South Carolina Statutes

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law: [with obvious deletions]

(8) a person in his home or upon his real property or a person who has the permission of the owner or the person in legal possession or the person in legal control of the home or real property;

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is:

(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance; or

(b) concealed on or about his person, and he has a valid concealed weapons permit pursuant to the provisions of Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23;

(12) a person who is granted a permit under provision of law by the State Law Enforcement Division to carry a handgun about his person, under conditions set forth in the permit, and while transferring the handgun between the permittee's person and a location specified in item (9);

(15) a person while transferring a handgun directly from or to a vehicle and a location specified in this section where one may legally possess the handgun.

(16) Any person on a motorcycle when the pistol is secured in a closed saddlebag or other similar closed accessory container attached, whether permanently or temporarily, to the motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    They do quote from CaliforniaOpenCarry.org - but not OpenCarry.org

Am I missing somthing?
    page 8 at the bottom it's basically a quote from here re: why OC - I guess that's just a quote and note a cite.