Thread: State of Emergency

State of Emergency

Dont forget we are at a state of emergency and you cant not transport your weapon from your premises

Yep, that discussion is going on here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Are-Suspended

UPDATE:

I just spoke with the Governor's Chief Council, and he informed me that this particular Executive Order (EO-62) was actually invoked under Chapter 166-A of the North Carolina Emergency Management Act, which DOES NOT automatically invoke §14-288.7.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedl...pter_166a.html

He also said they have send briefings to all local and state LEAs letting them know that this EO does not effect the prohibition on firearms...

So apparently there are two different set of rules under which EOs may invoke a State of Emergency--one that does put §14-288.7 into effect, and one that doesn't. And this one is the kind that doesn't. Apparently, they learned their lesson with the King Fiasco last winter...

He also told me that they had been getting a TON of calls on this matter, and would be looking into changing the State of Emergency statute in the upcoming Legislative Session in January.

Of course, Mr Gura and SAF might force them to change this silly, racist, Jim Crow law in the Courts before they can do it in the General Assembly. We shall see. Will the "Wheels of Justice" turn more quickly than the "Wheels of Legislature"?

Personally, I'd rather see BOTH things happen. I'd like to see the Gura/SAF case win first, and then the GA vote to strike this provision from the NCGC. This would be an EPIC WIN for not just NC residents, but EVERYONE in the country, because it would get this silly law off our books, AND it would establish case-law precedent for other states in similar situations to refer to.

So, don't worry folks. Transporting, carrying, and possessing firearms while you are out and about in NC is PERFECTLY legal and lawful under this EO.

But there is always next time.

Stay vigilant...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 09-04-2010 at 11:25 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Red face

Good update, Dreamer. I know a lot of people who are really peeved about this "law" and what its implications are.

Hopefully the legislature will rectify their misfeasance in the coming session... perhaps they can also incorporate a more comprehensive preemption while they're at it?
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Dreamer I think they lied to you brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith45acp View Post
    Dreamer I think they lied to you brother.
    Facts is facts

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...e-of-emergency

Dreamer, don't take that lying, insult to good chicken governor's word for it. Read section 3 of the executive order.

Section 3.

I delegate to Reuben F. Young, Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety, or his designee, all power and authority granted to me and required of me by Article 1 of Chapter 166A of the General Statutes and Article 36A of Chapter 14 of the General Statutes for the purpose of implementing the State’s Emergency Operations Plan and to take such further action as is necessary to promote and secure the safety and protection of the populace in North Carolina.
    She references Chapter 14 in her order. Her and her office must think we are stupid or something.

By the way, I'm proud to be a criminal.
    Last edited by Adam H; 09-03-2010 at 08:51 PM.

I stand corrected.

Y'all are right. Once again, the lies and duplicity spewing forth from Raleigh are flying thick and fast.

Throw the bums out...

But I'm still carrying. They can all just p1$$ up a tree...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Since the threat of the hurricane has long passed, when is the Governor going to stand NC down from the State of Emergency?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I stand corrected.

Y'all are right. Once again, the lies and duplicity spewing forth from Raleigh are flying thick and fast.

Throw the bums out...

But I'm still carrying. They can all just p1$$ up a tree...

OOPS! You mean I should have left my gun at home?
    Maybe next time.
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahib0120 View Post
    Since the threat of the hurricane has long passed, when is the Governor going to stand NC down from the State of Emergency?
    When the Feds cut the money off