Thread: From Vegas thru all this beautiful place: COLORADO

Thumbs up From Vegas thru all this beautiful place: COLORADO

Called CO state police. A lady named Amber confirmed that the auto is an extension of your house, but you can't have a round in the chamber. It doesn't make sense to me. Any help
    Last edited by BionicJumpy; 09-03-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Campaign Veteran
    She's wrong. you can have a round chambered or not....your choice, as long as it's a pistol.

She may have been referring to the long gun laws. Long guns can not be carried in a vehicle with a round chambered.

Here's RMGO's web page in regards to vehicle carry, http://www.rmgo.org/faq/#VehicleCarry.
    Last edited by ZackL; 09-03-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: more information

Quote Originally Posted by BionicJumpy View Post
    Called CO state police. A lady named Amber confirmed that the auto is an extension of your house, but you can't have a round in the chamber. It doesn't make sense to me. Any help
    This is why I don't like asking LE for legal advice. I'm sure there are some that are very up to date on laws but none of them went to law school. I would say 8 out of 10 will give you incorrect information.

The best thing you can do is learn where and how to look up the laws yourself. Ask questions on here and ask for the relevant statute to go with the answer. Or if you have $'s to spend get your legal advice from an attorny.

Perfectly legal for handguns. Long arms may have loaded mags, just none in the chamber. Enjoy our great state!