Thread: California Code Pocket Cheater

California Code Pocket Cheater

I, ( a Deputy Sheriff), have spent months and months designing a book for all of California CHP, Deputies, Police Officers, Rangers, Fish and Game officers, Border Patrol, Harbor Patrol, and all other LE related personnel to use while in the field. It's called the Pocket Brainbook. Need to find codes in a hurry, well here it is! It has Penal code, Vehicle code , Health and Safety code , California State code, Business and Profession code, Fish and Game, Harbor and Navigation Code, and Wellfare and Institution code alphabetically indexed for quick and easy reference. And, it fits right in your pocket! I've sold hundreds of these things and have had great feedback from numerous Officers and Deputies.

Here's the link if your interested!

www.pocketbrainbook.com

feedback-ca@pocketbrainbook.com

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Question

Did you make sure to include in your little "Brainbook" that it is PERFECTLY LEGAL for citizens to open carry an unloaded handgun?
    Carry on!

Interesting...

Other members of this forum spend months of time researching their state statutes regarding OC, and produce brochures, posters, and handouts that we post for FREE for our members to use...

Do you honestly expect us to pay $18 for what amounts to a "fishing expedition handbook"?

Thanks, but no...

How about you produce a booklet to give to LEOs that details the fact that OC is legal in CA, and that LEOs have no legal obligation or requirement to disarm people who are OCing in a legal, law-abiding manner, and distributing THAT to your "brothers in blue"?

Instead of making a handbook that outlines all the possible trivia and legal minutia with which LEOs can harass Law-Abiding citizen, why don't you make a booklet telling LEOs about defending and supporting the Rights of the Citizens of California?

Maybe THEN we'd be interested (and impressed).
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

SPAM!!! Check the join date and the word sold in his post. Also number of posts = 1.
    Last edited by rodbender; 09-05-2010 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    SPAM!!! Check the join date and the word sold in his post. Also number of posts = 1.
    Hey fellas. Thanks for the negative feedback. It all helps. Seriously guys, my intention are the best. I have been selling these things for a few months now and yes this is my first post on this forum. $18 bucks is a small price to pay for what is inside the book. Its not like im trying to sell a car on here. It's strictly for law enforcement. This is making street cops jobs a lot easier and more efficient. Im not forcing people to buy one, just putting it out there for those who like and need this sort of product. I apologize if I have offended anyone with this "Spam".
    Last edited by jason2000; 09-05-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jason2000 View Post
    Hey fellas. Thanks for the negative feedback. It all helps. Seriously guys, my intention are the best. I have been selling these things for a few months now and yes this is my first post on this forum. $18 bucks is a small price to pay for what is inside the book. Its not like im trying to sell a car on here. It's strictly for law enforcement. This is making street cops jobs a lot easier and more efficient. Im not forcing people to buy one, just putting it out there for those who like and need this sort of product. I apologize if I have offended anyone with this "Spam".
    Ain't buyin' it. The book or the intentions.

I suspect this thread will be deleted shortly.

Jason,

If you wish to sell your items on this site, I suggest you contact its administrators and discuss purchasing ad space.
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 09-06-2010 at 07:07 AM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Banned
    If I understand the rules correctly, this offering could be considered "gun related" and would be allowed under the rules. But, that is John and Mike's call.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one unless I was a non-Californian temporarily in California and the guide was very recently published. I have studied the code in Alabama, where I live, and would have studied the California code if I had lived in California, obviating the need for the guide.

If the guide is not up-to-the-minute, it is useless, as it will convince the reader that an activity is legal when it is not or vice-versa. While the latter is annoying, the former is dangerous.

The Internet is your best source for current codes. Find a good site for searching your State's code. Familiarize yourself with what is where in the code. Read and understand every word of the code related to guns if you carry. And, most importantly, keep up with changes to the code--which is impossible with a book that has been printed and remains static.
    Last edited by eye95; 09-06-2010 at 08:12 AM.

I don't see a need to buy a book when you can check out by state all the gun laws for free

I am going to allow it

This is a gun related post. And while we do not allow people to post their ads over and over again without buying a banner, a one-time post is acceptable.

Thanks.

John

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar

Goofy

There are half a million websites that you can go to to find the same information for free, and print them out, fold 'em up and stick them in your pocket. $18.00 for a 'pocket guide' that'll be obsolete in a year seems goofy, but I suppose if people are willing to pay big bucks for bottled WATER, they'll also be willing to pay for information that is otherwise free....
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

Retracted after seeing admins post.
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 09-06-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Thanks for the positive feedback and orders fellas. This is the toughest forum Ive dealt with, but understandable....look at the topic. To those who are in law enforcement, I hope the book helps you in your careers and stay safe.