• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone hear Alex Jones today?

ElectricianLU58

I am aware of the strong feelings that people here have regarding a large number of topics: "birthers", "truthers", "the government this", "the liberals that"... and some people bring up some very good arguments. HOWEVER... this website is primarily about Open Carry and firearm rights in general. My view about this may be in the minority but the further we go astray from that core discussion, the more we get mired into the muck of personal attacks and disaffect a large number of readers in the process. I think we are increasingly getting caught up in political rhetoric and not the substantive issue of OC. There are plenty of websites where those views can be expressed and discussed. Can we please stay on topic while here on OCDO?

i fully agree with this.

Haman J.T.

so does anyone have thoughts on the topic of this thread? the ATF sending people to prison for selling guns to Hispanics?
It's called police state practice,while nobody is looking.What about the guy who's AR malfunctioned and he was sent to prison for having a machine gun!

ElectricianLU58

I fully agree with your agreement!

this site is supposed to be about open carry and the normalization of firearms. i am completely in agreement with this issue.

i am absolutely sick of some of the politics on this site, though. as dr. todd has pointed out in the past, republicans are not always the best proponents of firearms. engler was awful on the issue, and i feel that granholm has been quite good on the issue. i AM a very much a liberal progressive (socially and fiscally... oh, no...how dare i be such a thing?). i am also a firearms owner and carrier.

this site should be for EVERYONE who is for open carry and the normalization of firearms. i think this kind of talk will put people off, and i think it is a huge mistake. flame on...

i think some of the political opinions expressed on this site are polarizing.

Last edited: