• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alamogordo and Cloudcroft

Rimrider330

Hello, I am new to this board. I am a member of several other forums.
I will be traveling to Alamogordo and Cloudcroft to visit family. :banana: I have my California and Utah permits, neither are good for CC in New Mexico. :cry: So I will have to OC when there. :D What I need to know is, how is the environment for OC'ing around town, are the LEO trained about the legality of OC. Any tips about the business around town as far as which businesses should I give my money to, and ones not too.

Maybe I should make a quick trip to Arizona and take a class? ;)

Scooter88310

Since the lawsuit cops in alamogordo and cloudcroft are better educated in open carry. You should not have any problems.

jhow1nm2

just watch the rules of where you can and cannot carry

Just remember, no place that sells alcohol for drink or by the closed container can be open carried in. There are others also, but that's a major one...which would include Walmart and most gas stations inside the stores.