• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NoVA VCDL Meeting - Annandale, VA - 09/16/10

nova

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

09/16/10 - Mason District Goverment Center - Large Conference Room
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Meeting Schedule
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [*] 7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering
    [*] 8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting
    [*] 9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mason District Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003

[/FONT]
[/FONT]Attorney James Granoski has agreed to give a twenty minute discussion on National Firearms Act Gun Trusts, followed by a Q&A session.

As with all VCDL membership meetings, it is open to the public, so bring a friend!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm posting this a couple weeks early so I don't forget, especially since there hasn't been a NOVA meeting since June. That also means it's been at least two months since I've been to our pre-meetup spot, and last time I was there it appeared to have a new manager at that location (though there were still no issues nor are there any I foresee in future visits). My schedule now allows me to be at the pre-meetup "sooper secret" location by 6 like I used to.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I'll be at the meeting. Will try to make the soopersecretmeetup.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering
  • [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My schedule now allows me to be at the pre-meetup "sooper secret" location by 6 like I used to.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Is it really "secret"?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP When I was new to the site, a founding member told me the purpose of the secret pre-meeting meeting was just a casual get together of OCDO members, not VCDL or politically motivated.

+1. Just fellowship. No political activism outside of the OCd guns.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Invited by VCDL to the to the VCDL meeting...it was not cleared by the secret location manager and the media did not cooperate when told not to film inside. FCPD was called and two officers responded shortly after everyone (but me) left. The two officers and the manager were discussing trespass laws. He specifically said that we (OCers) were more than welcome but it was corporate policy not to allow media to film inside. But I could tell he was pretty pissed about the media and the fact they were actually invited by a few OCers without his knowledge.

When I was new to the site, a founding member told me the purpose of the secret pre-meeting meeting was just a casual get together of OCDO members, not VCDL or politically motivated.

Fair enough and well stated.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Anybody do audio or video of the meeting? Wanted to hear the NFA bit. Didn't make the meeting, one of my best friends passed away last night.

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

I'm planning to ask the attorney who presented whether he'd write up an article for the Defender.