• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama's backdoor gun ban Government is blocking sale of historic weapons,

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/sep/3/obamas-backdoor-gun-ban/

The State Department confirmed to The Washington Times that it was considering "alternative options" to deal with the classic rifles. During the Clinton administration, such code words meant melting them down. The government in Seoul was told that this step was being taken for the protection of Americans. "The U.S. insisted that imports of the aging rifles could cause problems such as firearm accidents," a South Korean Ministry of National Defense official told the Korea Times last month.

KansasMustang

It doesn't surprise me one bit. Just another one of his ploys to disarm America. The numbers alone would bring the price down far enough that most Law abiding citizens could afford a dang good rifle.