• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IMPORTANT: TN Occupational Safety and Health Administration Ruling

HvyMtl

A TN Occupational Safety and Health Administration TOSHA (state level version of OSHA) Inspector did NOT block the new State Law allowing Carry Permit Holders to carry in Restaurants which serves alcohol. There will be an appeal to try and force legal posting preventing carry in restaurants which serve alcohol.

WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT? Simple, this is a BOLD attempt to BYPASS the Legislature and Courts to block carry rights.

WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT TO THE OTHER STATES? The attorney will push this to the Federal Level (OSHA) where he will attempt to get the Administrative (Executive Branch) to block Carry where alcohol is served. This could impact carry rights in all 50 states.

Note: Under Tennessee Law, there are NO Bars, but only restaurants which serve alcohol. Whenever the restaurant sells more than 50% of their volume in alcohol, they pay a fine to the State. So, the concept of a Bar is not recognized by the State. Due to this, the State law to allow permit holders to carry into any establishment which serves alcohol may be different than other states, and more inclusive because of it.

Article on the topic:
http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...-in-bars+law+does+not+create+workplace+hazard

Neo

Campaign Veteran
Hi, I try to keep up with TN laws regarding carry since I visit there frequently. The last I heard, a judge's ruling had made it illegal or questionable to carry into restaurants that serve alcohol. Has that ruling been overturned? Thanks!

macville

Hi, I try to keep up with TN laws regarding carry since I visit there frequently. The last I heard, a judge's ruling had made it illegal or questionable to carry into restaurants that serve alcohol. Has that ruling been overturned? Thanks!

No, it hasn't been overturned, we simply passed a new law that was less vague (any place that serves alcohol and is not posted is legal) but it also added that you can post by simply putting up a gunbusters sign.

Matthew