• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WRIF Commercial

Recoil88

Anyone else hear the commercial on the WRIF talking about oc at the AB&E festival? I believe it said something like i can carry a gun at an art fest gee i feel safe your man card is revoked. I mean really that was just dumb and the thing they do with man cards is ridiculous they think you need a card to prove your a man ? lol

Bailenforcer

Unless WRIF has changed since my high school days even back then it was nothing more than leftist juvenile stupidity.

One has to remember if there was ever any Psychopath running through their studios doing a Virgina Tech job like that little Liberal leftist did at Virginia tech those same morons would be hiding under their desks peeing their pants praying one of us would show up and end the insanity. These morons have no clue what reality is, they live in a little radio world where they create the rules and manipulate reality to their likings. I remember a few times in my life where out of human decency I had to rescue one of those leftist tards who started fights they could not win or even survive. They are all mouth and no common sense.

Anyone else hear the commercial on the WRIF talking about oc at the AB&E festival? I believe it said something like i can carry a gun at an art fest gee i feel safe your man card is revoked. I mean really that was just dumb and the thing they do with man cards is ridiculous they think you need a card to prove your a man ? lol

Recoil88

I hardly listen to that staion anymore i just happened to have it on at work the other night and heard that commercial. In my personal opinion Drew and Mike are a couple of idiots who seem to think they are better or know mor ethan everyone else and are pretty immature.

DanM

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Folks, in my brief history with the OC movement (3 years), I definitely see this pattern played out both in each battle that we are involved in and the overall war to secure and expand the RKBA.

Anytime we start getting ridiculed, I think it's a great thing, because that means progress to the "win"!

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Folks, in my brief history with the OC movement (3 years), I definitely see this pattern played out both in each battle that we are involved in and the overall war to secure and expand the RKBA.

Anytime we start getting ridiculed, I think it's a great thing, because that means progress to the "win"!
:)

Radioman

Well go ahead and add Dr. Don Carpenter of 99.5 WYCD to the list of leftist juvenile stupid on-air personalities.

Just left the sidewalk outside ABE after going to listen to the closing concert for free just off of 6th and Main. During the opening comments the above listed on-air juvenile made a comment something like ....

So does everybody have their guns on, what a joke that turned out to be

.... Well that just ruined my night. Left before even listening to the concert. To think someone that claims to support the troops and the American way of life making fun of a group of upstanding citizens doing something so American as making sure the Government follows the laws that they make and expect us to follow. I just am totally and utterly disgusted at hearing that so UN-American statement.

To those of you that stood up and attended the meetings a very big thank you.

Now should I hit send or not in the other window.......

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

Well go ahead and add Dr. Don Carpenter of 99.5 WYCD to the list of leftist juvenile stupid on-air personalities.

Just left the sidewalk outside ABE after going to listen to the closing concert for free just off of 6th and Main. During the opening comments the above listed on-air juvenile made a comment something like ....

So does everybody have their guns on, what a joke that turned out to be

.... Well that just ruined my night. Left before even listening to the concert. To think someone that claims to support the troops and the American way of life making fun of a group of upstanding citizens doing something so American as making sure the Government follows the laws that they make and expect us to follow. I just am totally and utterly disgusted at hearing that so UN-American statement.

To those of you that stood up and attended the meetings a very big thank you.

Now should I hit send or not in the other window.......

Yeah, let them know how you feel about it. I would suggest civility as we need not sink to their level.

Radioman

Yeah, let them know how you feel about it. I would suggest civility as we need not sink to their level.

Well my note to the station manager wasn't going to be all that civil so I never did send it. It wasn't rude or anything but it wasn't civil either.

Oh well I don't listen to that station enough to miss it anyways.

Radioman

B

Bikenut

people still listen to FM/AM radio? weird

As strange a concept as it might seem to be... there will come a day when all the young whippersnappers will be old farts.. and be wondering why in the hell their kids think that irritating noise is music. And the then old farts will discover they kinda like the music they grew up with ... and the delivery systems of old also.

I still remember when I was a kid and my Mother swooning when playing (gasp!) records of Mario Lanza... and me running out of the house in disgust.

By the way.. do people still listen to records?

Funnin' right back atcha Kyle... :lol:

Hey Kyle, and anyone else in the area,... like pizza?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...gal-ordinance-June-2010&p=1351955#post1351955

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bikenut

Ok.. an actual on topic post...

Sad to say that the progressive selfish wannabe bosses of everyone have taken over most of all forms of media. And that is a dangerous thing for freedom because the media can, and does, form public opinion.

Every dictator throughout History has taken over what ever form of media there was at the time because they knew if they could control the news and the messages the peons.. errrr... people.. heard they could control the people themselves.

And it works.

How many people do you personally know who's picture of the world today is nothing more than exactly what they see on TV? I know of a few who, if in a conversation about what is going on in our country repeat, sometimes word for word, what some putz of a commentator/news anchor said on TV.

kyleplusitunes

bikenut I'm not gonna be in michigan till oct 4, I'll gladly be in for pizza.

I have an extensive record collection on vinyl, I think Waylon's "are you ready for the country" is on the turntable at home.

I keep all my outlaw stuff on vinyl.

I just think the whole format of FM radio is absurd, especially in this age when I can hook my iPhone up via Bluetooth to my car stereo and listen to any type of music or talk I want free of charge.

the fact radio still makes money blows my mind. dinosaurs however, will die

B

Bikenut

bikenut I'm not gonna be in michigan till oct 4, I'll gladly be in for pizza.

Ok... when you get back give us a PM... our treat even. That's just for Kyle folks!

I have an extensive record collection on vinyl, I think Waylon's "are you ready for the country" is on the turntable at home.

I keep all my outlaw stuff on vinyl.

I just think the whole format of FM radio is absurd, especially in this age when I can hook my iPhone up via Bluetooth to my car stereo and listen to any type of music or talk I want free of charge.

Holy crap! I'm an old fart and don't even know how to turn an iPhone on or off! And if I had a Bluetooth I'd run to the dentist!!:D

the fact radio still makes money blows my mind. dinosaurs however, will die

If things really go to hell like some folks think might happen then radio... AM and FM... might be the only way to get factual news... as has happened in other countries in other times.

But I see your point... with the drivel some of the talk show hosts spew (radio and TV) I don't understand how they manage to pay for air time.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
Ok.. an actual on topic post...

Sad to say that the progressive selfish wannabe bosses of everyone have taken over most of all forms of media. And that is a dangerous thing for freedom because the media can, and does, form public opinion.

Every dictator throughout History has taken over what ever form of media there was at the time because they knew if they could control the news and the messages the peons.. errrr... people.. heard they could control the people themselves.

And it works.

How many people do you personally know who's picture of the world today is nothing more than exactly what they see on TV? I know of a few who, if in a conversation about what is going on in our country repeat, sometimes word for word, what some putz of a commentator/news anchor said on TV.

It gets worse than the "commentator/news anchor", some people get their "news" from Lenno, Letterman or other entertainers.springerdave.

Michigander

I listen to WRIF fairly regularly, because they are sadly among the best options. Detroit Rock City deserves at least one utterly good rock station, and they have none. It's quite disgusting. WRIF used to play a lot of good music until about 1997 when the modern garbage began to take over, and Drew and Mike used to be funny until they began running scared of the FCC. Now that that is all over, there isn't much left.

Anyway, considering that they have some fairly accurate man card revocations, I take this as a low blow and an insult, much more so than a sign of progress. For example, they have said things like a revocation should happen as a result of not being smart enough to shift to neutral in a runnaway American built Toyota (the asian ones almost never had those problems). Or that you should lose your man card if you could pick lady gaga out of a police lineup. Totally agree, that stuff is not the sort of thing most grown men who respect themselves would be able to say about themselves.

I've pointed out before how WRIF has historically commented on plenty of gun issues they have even less understanding of than most media outlets. This is likely no exception. They ran their mouths in what sounds like a slanderous, or near slanderous manner, and I would be the first to call them out of line for it.

kyleplusitunes

"man cards" are a gimmick, a sad one at that, the only way you should lose your fictional "man card" is if you have a family and do not support them.

"man card" gimmicks are precisely why FM radio is going under.