• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WRIF Commercial

DanM

This morning, Mike (of "Drew & Mike") rear-ended someone pretty hard in traffic on his way in to WRIF. Drew had him on the air talking about it on his way in to work with a co-worker giving him a ride. Everyone was ok thankfully, but it was hard enough that his air bags deployed and his car's front end is demolished.

Karma's a b*tch, isn't it?

Michigander

To be fair, Mike is the one who I have heard least running his mouth about guns. Additionally, he has had a Ruger since he and his dad bought it when he was a kid, and they used to take it to a club. As I recall, he said he hasn't shot it in a very long time.

DanM

To be fair, Mike is the one who I have heard least running his mouth about guns.

I agree, Mike should have been last in line at WRIF for this karma to visit itself upon. But I don't know the ways of karma, all I know is it's nice to see it when it happens (good or bad). And it happened, in this case. WRIF picked on innocent people, and karma came a-callin' on WRIF for some payback. Mike wasn't hurt, karma only cost him a little money and disrupted WRIF's operation a little bit. Perhaps he and others around there will pipe up next time WRIF wants to pick on innocent folks. :)

Last edited:

pmcqueen37

WRIF Party

WRIF is hosting a Rocktober fest at Heritage Park in Taylor, Sept. 25th starting at 2 P.M., beer is in a beer tent, so no OC issues that I'm aware of, maybe we could get a few attendees. I don't know the deal they made with Taylor with regards to weapons if any.

NHCGRPR45

looking forward to OC'ing there! with all the support from the WRIF guys. and all the oc friendly law enforcement, it should be a very interesting time! :banana:

anyone who wants to post my bail is welcome to drop me a line:uhoh:

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

better yet! anyone who wants to have some quallity time with me at this oc friendly event can ride along and keep me company in a nice cosey cell. i hear the bag lunch ham and cheese is worth the visit!:shocker:

DanM

looking forward to OC'ing there! with all the support from the WRIF guys. and all the oc friendly law enforcement, it should be a very interesting time!
anyone who wants to post my bail is welcome to drop me a line

better yet! anyone who wants to have some quallity time with me at this oc friendly event can ride along and keep me company in a nice cosey cell. i hear the bag lunch ham and cheese is worth the visit!

I'm not aware of any reason to fear a greater risk than normal for bogus arrest and incarceration, in Taylor at this event. Do you have reasons to fear bogus arrest/incarceration is more likely than normal at this event?

Last edited:

DanM

nope just being sarcastic, i suppose i failed...

No, you succeeded in coming off as sarcastic. I picked up on that, but your wording makes it appear you are being sarcastic about the expectation that people will be able to OC unmolested by LEOs. But I think everyone can reasonably expect to OC unmolested by LEOs. Hence, my response. Not a failure in conveying sarcasm, perhaps just a failure in wording that made your sarcasm not make sense. Those trip-ups are easy, especially with complex humor like sarcasm, I've had my fair share of them. :)

and i would never force an encounter with anyone, let alone officers it would be poor taste imo

I think you definitely didn't come off that way. You were just talking hypothetically about OC'ing normally and someone else forcing the encounter with you.

NHCGRPR45

yes my wording was poor. however taylor has already jammed up a person without cause, a person imo who was treated in a criminal manner. this behaviour happened soon after the death of an officer. and they have just lost another. the potential for abuse is there. granted this will be a diffrent type of situation, a public event, and a longer period of time has past, but they are already jaded agaisn't us.

i guess my point is any OC person who goes should be perhaps a little more cautious and if possible not go alone. an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. and bring a recorder.

i hope i haven't come of as trying to push an incident, thats not my intent at all. and i should have thought more about my post, before posting it.

MichiganOCer

The WRIF morning show was way better without Drew. Now that the quitter is back=Boycott! He's a lib that doesn't feel his Million dollar salary is enough. He has nothing good to say about Michigan other then go tigers! Mike is pretty cool although a bit childish! Atleast he is born and raised in Michigan.

rj3663

[

Anyway, considering that they have some fairly accurate man card revocations, I take this as a low blow and an insult, much more so than a sign of progress. For example, they have said things like a revocation should happen as a result of not being smart enough to shift to neutral in a runnaway American built Toyota (the asian ones almost never had those problems). Or that you should lose your man card if you could pick lady gaga out of a police lineup. Totally agree, that stuff is not the sort of thing most grown men who respect themselves would be able to say about themselves.

How about the "Dread" card from Jim Johnson and the morning crew, now that was "Rock&Roll"

NHCGRPR45

well, went to roctober fest, and it most certainly did not rock. there was a band that wasn't anything special, and we were ignored by the 8+ LE officers that were there. basically a huge non-event........