• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Livermore PD responds to Calgunners PRAR

cato

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=339259

Livermore PD responds to inquiry re UOC stop, provides stop/search/UOC policies
All,

After reading here about the recent Livermore PD UOC incident allegedly related to Mr. Walter Stanley, I began an inquiry with the Livermore Police Department to determine their department's policy as relates to UOC response and the search of pedestrians openly carrying unloaded firearms.

As a response to my request, I received the attached correspondence and associated department policies; namely, Livermore PD's policy no. 322 concerning "Search and Seizure" and policy no. 441, "Unloaded Open Carry (UOC) Movement".

Note that I have not yet received the electronic footage responsive to my request but will update this post with a link to the file as soon as it's available. Also, their response has triggered further inquiries with the department which I'll also provide updates to here.

Livermore Police Department 9-1-10 Letter re UOC: City of Livermore re UOC.pdf

-Brandon

Join me in making regular monthly tax-deductible donations to the Calguns Foundation and help us advance gun rights in California today!

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all comments are my own and not the approved position of any organization, nor should they be considered legal advice.

wildhawker

I'm pleased to report that much follow-up work is in progress. With this in mind, I'd ask that folks refrain from contact with the City and PD regarding this incident until we can work through to resolution.

I look forward to keeping everyone updated.

-Brandon

Iopencarry

I'm pleased to report that much follow-up work is in progress. With this in mind, I'd ask that folks refrain from contact with the City and PD regarding this incident until we can work through to resolution.

I look forward to keeping everyone updated.

-Brandon

I will second this request, PLEASE do not contact LPD on this issue. Walter is a very smart man, and not new to this. He knows what to do, when to do it and how to do it. Rest assured, he WILL get it done.