• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dominos in Yakima on Mead Avenue doesnt alllow guns OC or not

rob ral

i was in dominos pizza the other day ordering pizza when manager told me to put my gun in my car and not to oc in his store.i instead canceled my ordered and walked out of the store. this is the dominos on mead in yakima by 3rd ave. im asking everyone to boycott this unamerican unconstitutional company. i say we start a list called unamerican companies and lets put the dominos on mead ave. on that list. i would love to know what you think on that.

amlevin

I've been boycotting Domino's for years. The box tastes better. They are fighting for their life now with their current ad campaign. Pretty much everyone agreed their pizza was crap. Remember, this is the Company that brought America the "kamikazee delivery drivers". The drivers killed how many people? At least their pizza only caused heartburn.

devildoc5

on that note, both me and Paddy have been in the Dominos in Tillicum (not the best of neighborhoods at 11pm BOTH OC and not even really got a strange look....

Walked in together OC only two in the area (I am sure it probably looked like a bunch of crazy armed guys planning a strong armed robbery or somethign like that...):lol:

rob ral

anyhow, i do feel these business even private are unamerican liberal loving companies that just see it as a way to take a right of yours away. and yes i believe owning a gun is a right not some stupid liberal saying of its a privilege. so yes i feel companies that freak out on ocers or anyone who owns a gun is nothing but un american company that should be boycotted.

rob ral

Private property, no where in the Constitution does it say they have to allow firearms in their store. The 2nd Amend really only applies to the government.

maybe we need to add that to the constituion.

Mech

Fairly certain I've OC'ed into the dominos here in Vancouver that's on Mill Plain and by the old airport; no one said anything.

Also OC'ed into Papa Murphy's on Mill Plain and Andresen on several occasions; no one, including the employees, manager, and the parents with 3 kids, so much as smiled and nodded at me. :)

o2ryan

I've OC'd to Dominoes in Spokane on more than one occasion. Sounds like the managers personal preference to me.

HTML:
amlevin
I've been boycotting Domino's for years. The box tastes better. They are fighting for their life now with their current ad campaign.

I may be in the minority here, but I think their pizza has actually improved.

amlevin

I've OC'd to Dominoes in Spokane on more than one occasion. Sounds like the managers personal preference to me.

HTML:
amlevin
I've been boycotting Domino's for years. The box tastes better. They are fighting for their life now with their current ad campaign.

I may be in the minority here, but I think their pizza has actually improved.

Either that or their pizza has killed your taste buds.
2.gif

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Public Accomodation

Private property, no where in the Constitution does it say they have to allow firearms in their store. The 2nd Amend really only applies to the government.

maybe we need to add that to the constituion.

Absolutely NOT! Do you want the government to say what you must allow on YOUR private property?

Often times we do not distinguish between 'YOUR private property', such as your home and adjoining land that is only used as your abode and private property which is purchased and owned to accommodate the public. The later includes a business and has the specific and overt purpose of opening to the public for commerce purposes. There is significant differences in these two types of private property. To ignore said differences is a disservice to America and the culture in which we live.

When you open a business there are certain things that you as that property owner agree to with the public, local government and in some cases the federal government. One of the things is that you comply with is the notion of 'public accommodation'. Most frequently we associate this with non discrimination of those that are disabled. Another measure of public accommodation is that it is illegal to discriminate based on race, sex, etc in the course of your business. While possessing a firearm is not (yet) a protected class, I would like to extend my opinion that it will be treated as such in the future as part of the Bill of Rights.

Metalhead47

Often times we do not distinguish between 'YOUR private property', such as your home and adjoining land that is only used as your abode and private property which is purchased and owned to accommodate the public. The later includes a business and has the specific and overt purpose of opening to the public for commerce purposes. There is significant differences in these two types of private property. To ignore said differences is a disservice to America and the culture in which we live.

When you open a business there are certain things that you as that property owner agree to with the public, local government and in some cases the federal government. One of the things is that you comply with is the notion of 'public accommodation'. Most frequently we associate this with non discrimination of those that are disabled. Another measure of public accommodation is that it is illegal to discriminate based on race, sex, etc in the course of your business. While possessing a firearm is not (yet) a protected class, I would like to extend my opinion that it will be treated as such in the future as part of the Bill of Rights.

w0rd. There's a big difference between YOUR own property, Dominoes, and, say, Costco.

And for the record, I don't think companies prohibiting guns are NECESSARILY being unAmerican or "liberal," I think whatever the personal feelings of the policy-setters, they're either afraid of a lawsuit if someone were hurt, or afraid of scaring away those customers who really don't like guns, who out here are a pretty large percentage. I still call BS on either scenario, I just don't think they're trying to push an agenda. Usually.

ak56

Campaign Veteran

Point taken, the Bill of Rights should extend to all people in areas of public accommodation, but we do need to be careful about how much other intrusion there is by the government on private property.

amlevin

whatever happened to godfathers pizza. I loved thier mexican pizza. I bet the godfather would let you open carry.

Only 5 left in the Puget Sound area. Bellevue area, Bothell, Bremerton, Port Orchard. I agree that their pizza was good.

For you old-timers, does anyone remember "Pizza Pete's" and "Pizza Haven". If you went to the U-Dub back in the 60's you might. It was pretty much standard "rations" for an all-nighter. That and a "herd of Rainiers".

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Only 5 left in the Puget Sound area. Bellevue area, Bothell, Bremerton, Port Orchard. I agree that their pizza was good.

For you old-timers, does anyone remember "Pizza Pete's" and "Pizza Haven". If you went to the U-Dub back in the 60's you might. It was pretty much standard "rations" for an all-nighter. That and a "herd of Rainiers".

Ah, yes. The good old days! I was always a Shakey's fan myself.