• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like someone else needs some training...

Mudruck

I'm cross posting this from the UCC site.

On Sep 4th I stopped at the Liquor Store in Harrisville to grab a bottle of Vino for dinner.

Got me vino, went through the line and as I exited, a plain-clothes walks up and asks 'Is that loaded?' (Referring to the revolver on my hip.)

'Yes sir it is'

He starts looking more aggravated and asks if I have a concealed carry permit and I ask if he is a LEO and he tells me that he is Detective Anderson and produces a Pleasant View badge.

I say, 'Sure I do, here it is.' and show him my permit.

He goes into the 'CONCEALED CARRY MEANS CONCEALED AND YOU WERE *THIS* CLOSE TO HAVING A GUN SHOVED IN YOUR FACE!!'

I say 'Umm no, nowhere in the law does it say that you MUST conceal'

His aggravation level visibly rises and he goes off on the 'YES! YES! It does! IT IS A *CONCEALED* CARRY PERMIT!!!'

I figure that he doesn't have a clue so arguing at this point is pointless and I ask if I'm being detained.

He says 'No, but if you EVER come in here with *THAT* again I will arrest you.'

I told him to have a nice day and walked away at that point.

Looks like I have to find out who to talk to at DABC about educating their booze cops. Anyone know right offhand which department at DABC would be handing an issue like this. I figure since he produced a Pleasant View badge, they will also be getting a call on Tuesday.

Detective Anderson also said that he is not currently working for Pleasant View them but working for the DABC.

alispissed

Oh my Heck!

It the same story. When will this end?
I'm cross posting this from the UCC site.

On Sep 4th I stopped at the Liquor Store in Harrisville to grab a bottle of Vino for dinner.

Got me vino, went through the line and as I exited, a plain-clothes walks up and asks 'Is that loaded?' (Referring to the revolver on my hip.)

'Yes sir it is'

He starts looking more aggravated and asks if I have a concealed carry permit and I ask if he is a LEO and he tells me that he is Detective Anderson and produces a Pleasant View badge.

I say, 'Sure I do, here it is.' and show him my permit.

He goes into the 'CONCEALED CARRY MEANS CONCEALED AND YOU WERE *THIS* CLOSE TO HAVING A GUN SHOVED IN YOUR FACE!!'

I say 'Umm no, nowhere in the law does it say that you MUST conceal'

His aggravation level visibly rises and he goes off on the 'YES! YES! It does! IT IS A *CONCEALED* CARRY PERMIT!!!'

I figure that he doesn't have a clue so arguing at this point is pointless and I ask if I'm being detained.

He says 'No, but if you EVER come in here with *THAT* again I will arrest you.'

I told him to have a nice day and walked away at that point.

Looks like I have to find out who to talk to at DABC about educating their booze cops. Anyone know right offhand which department at DABC would be handing an issue like this. I figure since he produced a Pleasant View badge, they will also be getting a call on Tuesday.

Detective Anderson also said that he is not currently working for Pleasant View them but working for the DABC.

Pistol Pete Utah

You were *this* close to having a gun shoved in your face!!'

Great way to handle it and to leave the bigger man!

I got to thinking, isn't that: 76-10-506: Threatening with or using a deadly weapon in a fight or a quarrel? lol

Some guy out of the blue comes over to you and tells you he was about to shove a gun in your face for no reason other then he nearly crapped himself, that is wrong even if he is Cop. Report him for sure!

Side note: I pass by many of Moms, grandmas, and grandpas at the Store all the time and no of them react that way! lol