• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You can't carry loaded?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I think the "unloaded" thing started making the rounds after the Starbucks issue hit the news. More than a few people I've run into thought unloaded OC was nationwide. I corrected them on that little mistake. ;)

And since no thread is complete without a picture, here's my latest acquistion:
ria45nickel.jpg

Agent1

Big Gay AL......

I have a pair of these. Love them. Very accurate. I did change the mags out with Wilson Combat units.....The Org. ones (Novak) worked fine but I just have more confi. in the Wilson stuff.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I have a pair of these. Love them. Very accurate. I did change the mags out with Wilson Combat units.....The Org. ones (Novak) worked fine but I just have more confi. in the Wilson stuff.
They come with Act-Mag magazines now. Not that I can see a difference. I took the picture above with a Chip McCormick Shooting Star mag in it.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I've had really good luck with the McCormick mags. Watch Midway because they'll put 'em on sale every so often.

Bronson
My luck has been hit or miss. Some of them don't always trip the slide stop after the last shot, and that has me really curious as to why. But they seem to feed pretty well. What I like is the flush fit, yet it still holds 8 rounds, just like the Act-Mag does.

Bronson

My luck has been hit or miss. Some of them don't always trip the slide stop after the last shot, and that has me really curious as to why. But they seem to feed pretty well. What I like is the flush fit, yet it still holds 8 rounds, just like the Act-Mag does.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I use the McCormick Match Grade mags instead of the Shooting Star line.

Bronson

MKEgal

there is always someone who doesn't OC who apparently knows everything about OC

Why is it that people who know the least about something are the ones who try to tell others what to do?

I got a bit of a lecture (email) one time from someone who owns a gun but only takes it out of its locked room to go to the range (maybe twice a year?). He told me all about how the police were going to take my son away if they stopped me & I was carrying (here in WI we only have OC), how I couldn't use an IWB holster because that was concealing (not true), and how I couldn't let my coat fall over it accidentally (true).

This same person, when I originally told him I'd bought a gun & was going to carry, asked if I'd registered it & gotten a permit. No such animals here in WI.

Of course, he also thinks that only "people who are trained & licensed, like police & security guards" should be able to carry outside their homes.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I got a bit of a lecture (email) one time from someone who owns a gun but only takes it out of its locked room to go to the range (maybe twice a year?). He told me all about how the police were going to take my son away if they stopped me & I was carrying (here in WI we only have OC), how I couldn't use an IWB holster because that was concealing (not true), and how I couldn't let my coat fall over it accidentally (true).

This same person, when I originally told him I'd bought a gun & was going to carry, asked if I'd registered it & gotten a permit. No such animals here in WI.

Of course, he also thinks that only "people who are trained & licensed, like police & security guards" should be able to carry outside their homes.
You should ask that guy when he joined the Brady Campaign. :)