Thread: Official Idaho OC Advocacy Group

Official Idaho OC Advocacy Group

I know that members of OpenCarry.org here in Idaho meet on the 2nd Thursday of every month, but can someone tell me if we have and Official Idaho OC Advocacy group that not only meets and fellowships, but actually is creating a voice of OC and Gun Rights in general? If not...would any members reading this care to start one? Say a website, forum, meetings, community outreach events, booth's, etc? I am really interested in this and would be willing to spearhead it with some folks help...

Topic is now open for discussion...
    Last edited by JEREMYXD45; 09-06-2010 at 01:20 AM.

I think the Advocacy Group you are looking for is called Idaho Citizens Defense League, that's who meets @ the Sunrise Cafe the 2nd Thursday of each month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicky-doo View Post
    I think the Advocacy Group you are looking for is called Idaho Citizens Defense League, that's who meets @ the Sunrise Cafe the 2nd Thursday of each month.
    Thanks Dicky-Doo...I'm not finding a website or anything...I did find a "Northwest Citizens Defense League" page...but it seems it's geared to the whole northwest and more towards washington/seattle area. Does the Idaho group have a website? Is the group active and expanding? I'm thinking we need an Idaho specific website with Idaho news, idaho forum, idaho laws, etc. Any info would be awesome because i don't see anyone open carrying besides me here in the Boise area...and we definitely need more of it. I don't want to look like the lone "activist" as we are so deemed so I'm interested in growing the idaho movement. I will tie in if it's happening or I'll start fresh if need be...just looking for more "right wing nut job gun toting 2nd amendment activists" to not only meet up, but to expand and bring people on board.
    Carry On!
    Jeremy

Springfield XD .45 ACP 4" with Black Hawk Sherpa Retention Holster

Idaho Constitution Article I, Section 11
    ...'No law shall impose licensure, registration or special taxation on the ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Nor shall any law permit the confiscation of firearms, except those actually used in the commission of a felony.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Contact some of the people that have posted here - that would be a good start.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...eting-Aug-12th
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Found it...

Carry On!
    Jeremy

...'No law shall impose licensure, registration or special taxation on the ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Nor shall any law permit the confiscation of firearms, except those actually used in the commission of a felony.

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by JEREMYXD45 View Post
    You can talk to Brian Lass, he started a new group called, The Second Amendment. (I think ) He will be at the meeting this Thursday and he can help you more, you can find him at FaceBook ,too.

Quote Originally Posted by ISRAEL View Post
    You can talk to Brian Lass, he started a new group called, The Second Amendment. (I think ) He will be at the meeting this Thursday and he can help you more, you can find him at FaceBook ,too.
    Thanks Israel...I'll check it out...Just seemed really quiet here on this forum...I knew there had to be something going on in this state! Talk to you soon!
    Carry On!
    Jeremy