• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Official Idaho OC Advocacy Group

JEREMYXD45

I know that members of OpenCarry.org here in Idaho meet on the 2nd Thursday of every month, but can someone tell me if we have and Official Idaho OC Advocacy group that not only meets and fellowships, but actually is creating a voice of OC and Gun Rights in general? If not...would any members reading this care to start one? Say a website, forum, meetings, community outreach events, booth's, etc? I am really interested in this and would be willing to spearhead it with some folks help...

Topic is now open for discussion...

Last edited:

Dicky-doo

I think the Advocacy Group you are looking for is called Idaho Citizens Defense League, that's who meets @ the Sunrise Cafe the 2nd Thursday of each month.

JEREMYXD45

I think the Advocacy Group you are looking for is called Idaho Citizens Defense League, that's who meets @ the Sunrise Cafe the 2nd Thursday of each month.

Thanks Dicky-Doo...I'm not finding a website or anything...I did find a "Northwest Citizens Defense League" page...but it seems it's geared to the whole northwest and more towards washington/seattle area. Does the Idaho group have a website? Is the group active and expanding? I'm thinking we need an Idaho specific website with Idaho news, idaho forum, idaho laws, etc. Any info would be awesome because i don't see anyone open carrying besides me here in the Boise area...and we definitely need more of it. I don't want to look like the lone "activist" as we are so deemed so I'm interested in growing the idaho movement. I will tie in if it's happening or I'll start fresh if need be...just looking for more "right wing nut job gun toting 2nd amendment activists" to not only meet up, but to expand and bring people on board.

JEREMYXD45

You can talk to Brian Lass, he started a new group called, The Second Amendment. (I think ) He will be at the meeting this Thursday and he can help you more, you can find him at FaceBook ,too.

Thanks Israel...I'll check it out...Just seemed really quiet here on this forum...I knew there had to be something going on in this state! Talk to you soon!