Thread: Not on our watch

Not on our watch

i found this on another web site. to read the whole article click on the link

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=199605

"The federal government has posted signs along a major interstate highway in Arizona, more than 100 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border, warning travelers the area is unsafe because of drug and alien smugglers, and a local sheriff says Mexican drug cartels now control some parts of the state.

The signs were posted by the Bureau of Land Management, or BLM, along a 60-mile stretch of Interstate 8 between Casa Grande and Gila Bend, a major east-west corridor linking Tucson and Phoenix with San Diego.

They warn travelers that they are entering an "active drug and human smuggling area," and they may encounter "armed criminals and smuggling vehicles traveling at high rates of speed."

While it is old news never hurts for it to come up and be visible, the signs have been up for over two years now. Some areas in Arizona are closed to US Citizens. I do not leave the metro area without a rifle in the truck.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

This got me disgusted enough to fire off a message to the three stooges who fail to represent my interests in congress.

Only necessary because our government refuses to secure the border and panders to the Latino vote and a corrupt Mexican government.

We should be putting government officials on trial for treason.

Steve
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

Founder's Club Member
    The part about drug cartels controlling parts of Arizona got my attention.

Time to send Pershing and Patton again. Or, activate the state militia.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    We should be putting government officials on trial for treason.

Steve
    Actually, there is a lot of truth to this. Most of our elected officials in the federal government, up to and including the president, have been deliberately and eagerly conducting treasonous activities and personally, I like nothing better that to see a mess of them being made an example of for those who might have designs on our Constitution.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned
    When we bandy about words like treason, that has a very specific meaning, we come off as extremists.

To be sure, our current government is not doing its job (and is doing things it should not), but no one is guilty of treason.

If you want to change hearts and minds, with the ultimate goal of fully restoring our republic as a nation of laws and not of men, we should choose our words more carefully. We should seem less hyperbolic and more rational.

Yeah, I know, I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this observation, suffer a personal attack or two, and have a litany of "treasonous" actions thrown about that "prove" that members of our current government are "traitors."

Let me get this taken care of now: Moving on.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    When we bandy about words like treason, that has a very specific meaning, we come off as extremists.

To be sure, our current government is not doing its job (and is doing things it should not), but no one is guilty of treason.

If you want to change hearts and minds, with the ultimate goal of fully restoring our republic as a nation of laws and not of men, we should choose our words more carefully. We should seem less hyperbolic and more rational.

Yeah, I know, I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this observation, suffer a personal attack or two, and have a litany of "treasonous" actions thrown about that "prove" that members of our current government are "traitors."

As for being made an example of, I would much prefer voting a bunch of them out of office, trying a few for high crimes and treason, and let those actions send out the message that enough is enough.

Let me get this taken care of now: Moving on.
    I agree. That's why I said, "Actually". In hindsight, perhaps I should have used the word, "technically". One does get more accomplished using a measure of decorum and diplomacy. However, we as Americans do seem to lapse into our very comfortable worlds a lot which allows the evil doers to enter and have their way.

As for making an example, voting a bunch of them out of office is the preferred method. I wouldn't mind seeing a few trials for high crimes and treason take place with the more sinister public servants. It is high time we assert ourselves as the masters and by so doing, remind them from whom they work and serve.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 09-07-2010 at 11:57 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I am all for doing armed "tours" and we need to start shooting these drug dealers and weapons smugglers as they cross the border. Treat them as foreign enemy invading the country and shoot on sight. No need to arrest, give one verbal command to turn around or be shot. Many will say that that is too extreme, but I will bet any money those family's who have been hurt or killed by these thugs would beg to differ. Treat this as a military matter and put heavy armed troops on the border and give them proper ROE to put these thugs down for good. I am so sick and tired of this passive treatment that has handled this matter, it all politics and it needs to stop. Give our border patrol with power and put combat troops on the border. I have been told these are just people trying to support their family's, they are no different then the punks who rob people of their goods to make a living. Quit trying to arrest them and wasting our money on proving them with 3 hot meals a day and a cot, myself and others would rather have our taxes go to ammunition then the billions spent on court and housing cost. Now ILLEGALS crossing the border would not be treated the same way, put up fences like you see in prisons with several layers of fence and Constantia wire with constant patrols with military and border patrol agents. Start shutting down company's who hire illegals and put serious jail time(15 years plus), make the punishment of hiring illegals so bad that the thought of even thinking of doing so make you look behind.
    Last edited by zack991; 09-08-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    While it is old news never hurts for it to come up and be visible, the signs have been up for over two years now. Some areas in Arizona are closed to US Citizens. I do not leave the metro area without a rifle in the truck.
    Is this true? Well, as far as drug dealers are concerned - what is the bag limit?

Quote Originally Posted by CA_fr_KS View Post
    Is this true? Well, as far as drug dealers are concerned - what is the bag limit?
    Would tags be available over the counter or would they be a special draw permit only. Would a Federal Stamp be required like for migrating waterfowl?