• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy Labor Day y'all, I'm going on vacation armed IAW 18 USC 926A

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Planned stops are Fergus Falls, MN, Theodore Roosevelt NP (2 days camping and bike riding), Mammoth Hot Springs Lodge, Jenny Lake Grant Teton NP (2 days camping and bike riding), SLC (one day bike riding Jordan R. trail), Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Capitol Reef NP, Arches NP, Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP, near Sandpoint ID for a week to visit my brother, Calgary and home to Wisconsin on The Queen's Highway.

johnfenter

Ummmm.....

Is this a test to see who's paying attention, Doug?

Everything was fine until I got to the part about Calgary and the Queen's Highway; as I recall, them there are in Canuckistan, where 18USC926 don't apply.

So, is there a Calgary and a Queen's Highway in the great North of the USA that I am unaware of?

J.Gleason

Banned
Planned stops are Fergus Falls, MN, Theodore Roosevelt NP (2 days camping and bike riding), Mammoth Hot Springs Lodge, Jenny Lake Grant Teton NP (2 days camping and bike riding), SLC (one day bike riding Jordan R. trail), Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Capitol Reef NP, Arches NP, Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP, near Sandpoint ID for a week to visit my brother, Calgary and home to Wisconsin on The Queen's Highway.

Gee and here I thought maybe you would pass through Chilton lol

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Sounds like a great itinerary!

Enjoy yourself and be safe.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
To go armed where legal in national parks reduces one to the most basic of services. I have noticed all buildings posted and, worse considering the promotion of ass-transit, all the private contractor operated buses are posted. I'll have to go back through my diary to see which of many NPs we've toured. Bryce yesterday, Zion today, SLC tomorrow on our way to Grand Teton NP.

The posting of highway rest stop toilet facilities was the wedge issue for South Carolina GrassRoots Gun Rights' successful liberalization of SC gun law.