Thread: Anyone go camping this weekend?

Anyone go camping this weekend?

Labor Day has traditionally been the "end of Summer" and when I was a kid, the last camping trip of the year. This years Labor Day Weekend was "Blue Tarp Camping Weather" here. I can remember that these were some fun times. Sitting under the big tarp enjoying the fire with family, friends, and even strangers who stopped by our site.

Anyone enjoy such a trip this weekend? Oh, in order to keep it in "theme" did you OC?

Didn't go camping per se, but did do a day hike up to Vanson lake on St. Helens and then some fishing. Pushed the bike up that long hike but it was worth it for the ride down. And yup, OC the whole time. Ran into a couple other hikers on the trail and not one even batted an eye at it.

69Charger
    Mowed the yard. OCed.
    Last edited by 69Charger; 09-06-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Drove the RV up to Packwood and attended the weekend swap market. Was crowded but had lots of fun.

Stayed home, took care of stuff here, but OC the whole time...getting ready for next weekend's bear hunt with the boy....where we will both be openly carrying handguns and long arms. Now, THAT is going to be fun.

Took a hike with the family up Staircase area of the Olympic National Park..

OCed up on Adams while skiing...no one seemed to mind.

Went to the wet side to to drop off a wood canvas canoe to get work done to it in Arlington, then went to Lakewood to visit my son who is stationed at Ft. Lewis. I did not OC on base, though they did actually check my ID, my long hair must have tipped the off. My son gave me a great tour of the base, and the old and new facilities, he will be working in. It is amazing what your tax dollars are buying. There are so many rifle ranges on the base, I wish I could have run off a few rounds. I did not get out too much to OC. I drove almost 800 miles round trip in three days.