• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone go camping this weekend?

amlevin

Labor Day has traditionally been the "end of Summer" and when I was a kid, the last camping trip of the year. This years Labor Day Weekend was "Blue Tarp Camping Weather" here. I can remember that these were some fun times. Sitting under the big tarp enjoying the fire with family, friends, and even strangers who stopped by our site.

Anyone enjoy such a trip this weekend? Oh, in order to keep it in "theme" did you OC?

kenshin

Didn't go camping per se, but did do a day hike up to Vanson lake on St. Helens and then some fishing. Pushed the bike up that long hike but it was worth it for the ride down. And yup, OC the whole time. Ran into a couple other hikers on the trail and not one even batted an eye at it.

oneeyeross

Stayed home, took care of stuff here, but OC the whole time...getting ready for next weekend's bear hunt with the boy....where we will both be openly carrying handguns and long arms. Now, THAT is going to be fun.

fetch

Went to the wet side to to drop off a wood canvas canoe to get work done to it in Arlington, then went to Lakewood to visit my son who is stationed at Ft. Lewis. I did not OC on base, though they did actually check my ID, my long hair must have tipped the off. My son gave me a great tour of the base, and the old and new facilities, he will be working in. It is amazing what your tax dollars are buying. There are so many rifle ranges on the base, I wish I could have run off a few rounds. I did not get out too much to OC. I drove almost 800 miles round trip in three days.