View Poll Results: How do our fellow WI OCer's carry? IWB (visible) vs. on the belt vs. otherwise?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • IWB (but visible)

3 8.57%
  • On the belt

31 88.57%
  • Otherwise

2 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: How do our fellow WI OCer's carry- IWB or on the belt or otherwise?

How do our fellow WI OCer's carry- IWB or on the belt or otherwise?

Just curious to see how WI OCer's carry. I am interested in knowing because I am looking for an IWB holster that can double as an OC rig. I have a Utah CCW, and would like it to fit both needs as these can get spendy. I'd also like to use the same equipment in order to build a routine in both fit and function.

Banned
    I've never found one holster that can do it all. I have a couple of different rigs for all my guns.

In the summer I carry high/forward on the waist and in the winter when I wear a coat I have a leather drop rig that allows me to carry without bunching my coat all up around my gun. Its very slick really.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    I OC on a BeltMan.com gunbelt, sized to fit over winter wear, in a Blackhawk SERPA - hard plastic not comfortable for IWB. When I CCW'd in SC I carried Mexican X-draw after my too expensive IWB Conceal Co. failed.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Blackhawk serpa cqc for all my carry guns:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SER...,1144,1410.htm
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    OWB holster. I, like Nik, only use one type of holster:

See picture attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01295.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	3821  

I have a couple of Safariland 6320 ALS duty holsters for G23 and G35 -- my most commonly carried guns. Around the neighborhood and home, in the interest of all-day comfort, I'm more likely to be using a Bianchi 105 Minimalist for a Ruger SP101.

I do have an IWB-- the classic Milt Sparks Summer Special, for the G23. But I use it only for CC.

IMO, holsters without at least a level 1 retention are unwise for open carry. That eliminates most, if not all IWB holsters. Additionally, the common placement of IWB holsters, just to the rear of the pant seam, is good for CC but horrible for OC. I know it looks sexy and all, but this is real life and not the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    Blackhawk serpa cqc for all my carry guns:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SER...,1144,1410.htm
    +1

Blackhawk doesn't make a holster for my Walther PPS, so I use a Fobus Evolution Paddle Holster. It works fine, and I do like the paddle holster so I can slide it on and off.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Milt Sparks NLG belt holster here in the People's Republic and Milt Sparks VM2 IWB when outside of it.

Serpa Paddle..
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I wasn't even the OP who asked, but I got convinced. Purchased a Serpa for my PT145 this AM. Looks like the PT145 has been upgraded to OC use in addition to concealed. Now... how do I change my username to OCmyPT145?

Carry my wheelgun in a 3-slot Bianchi belt holster. Strong side carry, with the option for crossdraw with the 3rd slot. Thumb break for OC. It makes a fine concealment holster with the cant angle as well. IMO this is the all-purpose holster. Someone could always leave the thumb break not engaged when concealing a gun if they wanted. And for OC, the thumb break is there.

I use a Serpa for oc and an Uncle Mikes for cc (in the house/yard).