• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do our fellow WI OCer's carry- IWB or on the belt or otherwise?

How do our fellow WI OCer's carry? IWB (visible) vs. on the belt vs. otherwise?

• Total voters

skorittnig

Just curious to see how WI OCer's carry. I am interested in knowing because I am looking for an IWB holster that can double as an OC rig. I have a Utah CCW, and would like it to fit both needs as these can get spendy. I'd also like to use the same equipment in order to build a routine in both fit and function.

Spartacus

Banned
I've never found one holster that can do it all. I have a couple of different rigs for all my guns.

In the summer I carry high/forward on the waist and in the winter when I wear a coat I have a leather drop rig that allows me to carry without bunching my coat all up around my gun. Its very slick really.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
OWB holster. I, like Nik, only use one type of holster:

See picture attached.

Attachments

• DSC01295.JPG
    DSC01295.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 96

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I have a couple of Safariland 6320 ALS duty holsters for G23 and G35 -- my most commonly carried guns. Around the neighborhood and home, in the interest of all-day comfort, I'm more likely to be using a Bianchi 105 Minimalist for a Ruger SP101.

I do have an IWB-- the classic Milt Sparks Summer Special, for the G23. But I use it only for CC.

IMO, holsters without at least a level 1 retention are unwise for open carry. That eliminates most, if not all IWB holsters. Additionally, the common placement of IWB holsters, just to the rear of the pant seam, is good for CC but horrible for OC. I know it looks sexy and all, but this is real life and not the movies.

logan

Campaign Veteran
Blackhawk doesn't make a holster for my Walther PPS, so I use a Fobus Evolution Paddle Holster. It works fine, and I do like the paddle holster so I can slide it on and off.

OCmyXD

I wasn't even the OP who asked, but I got convinced. Purchased a Serpa for my PT145 this AM. Looks like the PT145 has been upgraded to OC use in addition to concealed. Now... how do I change my username to OCmyPT145? :)

smithman

Carry my wheelgun in a 3-slot Bianchi belt holster. Strong side carry, with the option for crossdraw with the 3rd slot. Thumb break for OC. It makes a fine concealment holster with the cant angle as well. IMO this is the all-purpose holster. Someone could always leave the thumb break not engaged when concealing a gun if they wanted. And for OC, the thumb break is there.