• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

September Tidewater Oc Dinner - Vinny's in Newport News - 9/9/10 7PM

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
Hey guys I'm setting up a dinner at Vinny's in Newport News for this Thursday Sept. 9 at 7PM. It's been awhile since we've been there. They no longer take reservations but I'm going to show up early to snag as many tables as possible. It hasn't been a problem in the past though. See y'all there.

http://www.vinnyspizzaandpasta.com/

45acpForMe

I will be there. I might be late if I have to pick up my daughter but will show up early otherwise.

KimberCarrier you read my mind. I was thinking of posting another dinner here too.

I assume we are talking the location #1 where we had past dinners.

Last edited:

fully_armed_biker

Not going to be able to make this one. My youngest sister is pregnant and she has the ultrasound that day that they'll be able to determine the sex of the baby from. The whole family is going to their house for dinner. The Dr is going to write down the sex of the baby and put it in an envelope...at dinner we'll open it and all find out at the same time what the sex of the baby is.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Linky no worky. Is this the J. Clyde location?

Might make the trip.

stay safe.

45acpForMe

Linky no worky. Is this the J. Clyde location?

Might make the trip.

stay safe.

Funny the link worked earlier today???

Yes this is on 17/J. Clyde in Newport News. The other one is in York County (Grafton) but is smaller and wouldn't work as well for a larger crowd.

Here is a different link: http://findlocal.dailypress.com/new...innys-pizza-and-pasta-newport-news-restaurant

Vinny's Pizza & Pasta 757-594-3354

748 J. Clyde Morris Boulevard, Newport News, VA 23601

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
I will be there. I might be late if I have to pick up my daughter but will show up early otherwise.

KimberCarrier you read my mind. I was thinking of posting another dinner here too.

I assume we are talking the location #1 where we had past dinners.

That would be the one Jim. Thanks for finding a working link.

Last edited:

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Don't know if I can make it but gonna try. 2 hour drive not counting HRBT. Hope to see you all there.:rolleyes:

P.S. If I can make wife too. Friday's her Bday.

Last edited:
C

ccloud43

cant make it

Hey y'all I dont think Im gonna make this one. Have a slice for me.

45acpForMe

Had a nice small group of people and good conversations.

I was surprised how loud it was in there with as few people were dining! I usually complain about the golden coral's noise level but it was about the same at Vinny's. The stromboli was way too large and was only able to eat half.

KimberCarrier if you could remember to post/PM the knife info I would appreciate it. :)

Here are my links of interest:
http://www.knifeworks.com/coldsteelodavg-1sanmaiiii.aspx

http://www.knifeworks.com/coldsteelrecon1plainclipblade.aspx

Last edited:

darthmord

Wow, I didn't even see this one despite having been on the forum a bit over the last couple of days.

Sadly, would not have been able to make it due to prior committments.