• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Justified shooting in Chandler

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
"Chandler police have arrested seven other men and plan to recommend that they be charged not only with robbery but with murder because the slayings occurred during the commission of another crime, [Detective] Ramer said."

I'll bet the other "gang members" never saw that one coming.

Craig_M

"Chandler police have arrested seven other men and plan to recommend that they be charged not only with robbery but with murder because the slayings occurred during the commission of another crime, [Detective] Ramer said."

I'll bet the other "gang members" never saw that one coming.

Charged with murder and never had to fire a shot. Righteous.

.45acp

Sounds like the CCW had his act together, tough shooting after being punched and knocked down and one of the gangbangers with a drawn weapon.....the guy deserves a medal.....the bad guys won't do that again.

Good on ya amigo,

Second time this week that a beer was worth dying for.....Defenders of Beer 2.....Beer Banditos 0

Steve

Last edited:

GWbiker

People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on.

THIS - should be made a bumper sticker.

AZkopper

"People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Best.Quote.Ever.

Not only do the police rightfully call it a justified shooting, but then the PIO basically says "sux to be you" to the dead bangers.

I love my state.

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

Should be a billboard at every entry highway/road into AZ. 'People in Arizona carry guns. Just a notice... a reminder. They can take it anyway they want. Threat/Warning/Caution... proceed at your peril or whatever.

mFonz77

If you stop by the AzCDL table at a gun show you can get FREE bumper stickers that say:

Guns Save Lives

&

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away

Fred

Gave away many at TCC this weekend! Maybe it's time to add a third to the repertoire ;)

azcdlfred

Should be a billboard at every entry highway/road into AZ. 'People in Arizona carry guns. Just a notice... a reminder. They can take it anyway they want. Threat/Warning/Caution... proceed at your peril or whatever.
Actualy, a billboard is being planned for the I-10 entrance to Arizona from California. Similar billboards will be placed throughout the state as funds permit.

Fred

We-the-People

Kudos for the outcome and the governments response...HOWEVER

NEVER EVER, B]EVER[/B] let this be how it goes down.....

"Contreras drew his weapon and pointed it at the shooter and his wife, according to the report, and there are conflicting reports about whether he fired. The shooter drew his handgun and began to order Contreras to drop his weapon, according to the report. "

When the BG has the drop on you (i.e. he's got his gun out) you do NOT tell him to drop the weapon.....You pull and shoot.

Other than that......Arizona is VERY high on my short list of where I'm moving to when I finish my degree.

protias

I wish WI was like AZ. Hopefully when November comes around, we'll be a little closer.