• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Justified shooting in Chandler

We-the-People

Just read the "news" article.....

Typical irresponsible "journalism". "...just starting to turn his life around"...."good boy"...."just because someone hangs out with gang members doesn't make them a gang member"....

That news papers even consider publishing this kind of garbage about criminals, nothing short of propaganda supporting the criminals, is sickening.

A couple of thugs got what they deserved after committing violent felonies against multiple people and then breaking out a deadly weapon. Apparently the grand jury thinks so as well and even indicted their fellow "associates" (i.e. gamg members).

It seems that the Arizona laws and the majority of people understand the difference between right and wrong, self defense and criminal activity, but Arizona's "journalists" are apparently just as clueless as those in the rest of the country.

I am curious what the "journalist" thinks being a varsity footbal player and "star" pitcher at school has to do with anything? Our "star" quarterback and pitcher (and I went to a school of just 400 total attendance in a town of just 12,000) was an arrogant ass and ended up in prison for multiple felonies including rape just a couple years after graduating. Our "most likely to suceed" student also went to prison for rape a few years after graduation, though he wasn't a thuggish ass like the jock. TOTALLY non relevant!

The families, while justified in their grieving, are simply posturing for their sure to come civil suits against the man who defended himself and others from felonious thugs who had committed multiple felonies and used a firearm. Perhaps Arizona's (and other states) next round of Constitutional Carry laws should include a statute that prohibits civil suits against defenders who the police, DA, Grand Jury (whatever your jurisdiction uses) clear of any criminal wrong doing?

Ahhhh but the anti gun types will scream that it's the same as declaring open season on criminials.......I'm guessing crime might just go down some more.

SFCRetired

While I hate to see any human life end violently, these two young men asked for what they got by their actions. Better their lives than the lives of the man they attacked and his wife.

Why is it that after almost every single event like this, there is a friend or family member crying that "they were good boys"? If they were such good boys, they would not have committed the acts that got them shot/put in prison etc.

GWbiker

Our two major city newspapers, Phoenix Arizona Republic and Tucson Daily Star are strictly for Gun control and have been for several years. When Restaurant Carry and later Constitutional Carry bills were drafted both papers predicted uncontrolled mayhem in neighborhoods and streets washed in blood as legal gun toting citizens engaged in hourly shootouts.

Of course both newspapers were wrong - only those cretins inclined to engage in criminal activity are affected.