• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IDPA Match October 2nd

heresyourdipstickjimmy

What: IDPA pistol match (open to the public)
Where: Bear Creek Tactical's range (Stockton, Mo.)
When: October 2nd (1st Saturday)
Time: Sign-in at 8:30am, shooter's brief at 9:00am
Rally Point: McDonald's in Bolivar (so folks can eat if they like)

Side match is possible. I'll post up that info as soon as BCT emails it out.

September's match was a close quarters match that was quite fast. Zombie hunters (ZMOS) were present making a head-shot only match for themselves. They may throw out the challenge in October if they show up.

Last edited:

HYRYSC

Yep, Mike and I will be there again for sure (barring death or dismemberment) and we are actively engaged in trying to recruit some more co-workers.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

Yep, Mike and I will be there again for sure (barring death or dismemberment) and we are actively engaged in trying to recruit some more co-workers.

Same here. I've put out the word to the Dalton Range staff and the MDC Agents in the SW Region as well since I served my internship with them.

Looking forward to it, especially since we have some new veterans on the field.

goalseter88

lol those zmos people are kinda funny.at first i thought it was kinda funny. or just a joking group. but they almost seem to be for real on the zombie thing.

which is all good. but they do come off as one of the weird gun guys. i know my GF was kinda creeped out on how much he talks about zombies etc. which just makes it that much harder in me proving that people with guns arent nuts, and that she should come out and shoot with me. and i thought it was funny on how they choose who gets in the group. that you have to have a "bad ass gun" but if its about zombie. and you got to kill by headshot only. really wouldnt a 22 cal threw the head do just the same as a 50 bmg? i mean yes there is a difference in damage done. but i meaning. both of them are going to stop someone. i want someone with a 22cal. most likely he going to have more ammo then the others since you can get so much more 22 cal bullets for the price. if you dont have enough ammo for that bigger caliber its not going to do you any good.

but if you look at it. seems we got 3 types of groups there

1) there more for the competition side. there to compete/improve speed/time. less about defensive skills/fun

2) then the defensive group. that there to improve their defensive skills. less about their score.

3) then the ones just their to shoot things up/kill zombies. more there for fun. not so much there for skills/score.

Last edited:

afcarry

yea man, those zombies will *u*k you up. lol I'm going to try to get some of my co-workers out there too, I think. Last weeks match was a no-go last minute, so I'm going to try to make up for it.

Last edited:

heresyourdipstickjimmy

lol those zmos people are kinda funny.at first i thought it was kinda funny. or just a joking group. but they almost seem to be for real on the zombie thing.

which is all good. but they do come off as one of the weird gun guys. i know my GF was kinda creeped out on how much he talks about zombies etc. which just makes it that much harder in me proving that people with guns arent nuts, and that she should come out and shoot with me. and i thought it was funny on how they choose who gets in the group. that you have to have a "bad ass gun" but if its about zombie. and you got to kill by headshot only. really wouldnt a 22 cal threw the head do just the same as a 50 bmg? i mean yes there is a difference in damage done. but i meaning. both of them are going to stop someone. i want someone with a 22cal. most likely he going to have more ammo then the others since you can get so much more 22 cal bullets for the price. if you dont have enough ammo for that bigger caliber its not going to do you any good.

but if you look at it. seems we got 3 types of groups there

1) there more for the competition side. there to compete/improve speed/time. less about defensive skills/fun

2) then the defensive group. that there to improve their defensive skills. less about their score.

3) then the ones just their to shoot things up/kill zombies. more there for fun. not so much there for skills/score.

Really? They seemed to not be particular about who shot with them...more like who is willing to take up the challenge. I think it was the guy that had the camera that suggested I shoot with them sometime for a different perspective and challenge.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

yea man, those zombies will *u*k you up. lol I'm going to try to get some of my co-workers out there too, I think. Last weeks match was a no-go last minute, so I'm going to try to make up for it.

Definitely come out and bring others with you. We've got to make up for gs being gone and add a few more while we're at it.

We won't hold it against you for not coming, things happen. I expect things to get strangely more difficult in October compared to September. Don't ask me why, it's just an eerie feeling I have.

I'm picturing smoke machines going while walking through a junk yard or grave yard with bad guys looming in the shadows. You know, those kinds of eerie Halloween types of things that make the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

Last edited:

goalseter88

Really? They seemed to not be particular about who shot with them...more like who is willing to take up the challenge. I think it was the guy that had the camera that suggested I shoot with them sometime for a different perspective and challenge.

i didnt mean that they are picky on who shoots with them at the IDPA. i mean really no one can force someone out of their IDPA group, except Rick and people working for Rick. i was refering to their Zmos group. he said it several times, that in that group to join you gotta have a Bad ass gun. no one with just a 22 or some hunting rifle is going to join.

moFirearms

I'm planning on coming again as well. I enjoyed my first time there last month. Looking forward to possibly seeing a carbine course of fire instead of just shooting at clay targets.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

I'm planning on coming again as well. I enjoyed my first time there last month. Looking forward to possibly seeing a carbine course of fire instead of just shooting at clay targets.

I'll gladly put this bug in Rick's ear. I'd be interested in a 2-gun if that would get you your carbine fix.

Match was pretty similar to September's, but with a bit more steel added.

mark-in-texas

Just got home from our local WHIDPA match here near Houston. A gloriously beautiful day havin' lots of fun with guns and great folks. God Bless America!

heresyourdipstickjimmy

Just got home from our local WHIDPA match here near Houston. A gloriously beautiful day havin' lots of fun with guns and great folks. God Bless America!

Weather was quite nice for ours as well. Windy, but the berms prevented issues. It would have put the bolt-gun shooters to the test with such a heavy wind, but they canceled the bolt-gun side match and decided to make it a pistol match instead (due to not getting the info out).