• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Open Letter to Eric

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Eric,

I do not have the time to tolerate your harassment any longer and the fact that you are stepping up the level of hate / threatening speech is costing me hundreds of dollars in lost work as I must spend my time cleaning up your posts on the forum instead of working.

The following was sent to Verizon Wireless today and I will be meeting with counsel later this week to discuss the best way to proceed in this matter.

John

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear General Counsel,

This is the second time I have reported the same user who is engaged in
a pattern of harassing behavior and hate speech / threatening posts
on my forum using the Verizon Network.

The latest posts were made from approximately 1:43 AM until 4:00 AM CST
today (Sept 7, 2010) from IP address 75.211.174.249.

If you are unable to assist me in preventing this user from utilizing
the Verizon network to engage in this criminal activity, then I would
like to formally give you notice to retain all records regarding the
network traffic of said user since I plan to pursue all available civil
and criminal remedies available under state law as well as those
available to me under The Federal Interstate Stalking and Prevention
Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2261A, 18 U.S.C. Section 875, and 47 U.S.C.
Section 223.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this serious matter.

John Pierce
OpenCarry.org

Michigander

Internet Brands, owners of vbulliten and countless forums on vbulliten, have at their disposal special programs to stop spammers, trolls, and other idiots. Does "general counsel" refer to them? If not, I would suggest asking for their help, since clearly this website is now under their programming.

eye95

No. "General Counsel" refers to the lawyers at Verizon, the service provider through which Eric committed his potentially illegal acts.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Internet Brands, owners of vbulliten and countless forums on vbulliten, have at their disposal special programs to stop spammers, trolls, and other idiots. Does "general counsel" refer to them? If not, I would suggest asking for their help, since clearly this website is now under their programming.

We are using most of the anti-spam plugins on the forum already (but Eric is not spamming in the traditional sense) and I have deployed most of the anti-troll tools already against him.

Unfortunately ... he is clever enough to evade those techniques. With the aid of variable IPs from Verizon Wireless and limitless free email addresses from gmail, etc, he has been attacking repeatedly.

If Verizon will not help, I am left with no option but to pursue legal action.

John

Batousaii

Eric is ?

Sorry, havent really followed the "Eric" drama. I am guessing Eric = Vforvendeta?
- What other names has he used? Maybe prudent to list his known user names here so those of us not knowing can easily identify this guy, and random people surfing here do not confuse this rogue with our own.

Kindly,

Bat

P.S. John - Thank you for taking care of the forum. I am sorry to hear this fool is costing you time and money.

Ruby

Sorry, havent really followed the "Eric" drama. I am guessing Eric = Vforvendeta?
- What other names has he used? Maybe prudent to list his known user names here so those of us not knowing can easily identify this guy, and random people surfing here do not confuse this rogue with our own.

Kindly,

Bat

P.S. John - Thank you for taking care of the forum. I am sorry to hear this fool is costing you time and money.

Knowing his past names won't help as I'm sure he's smart enough to not reuse them.

eye95

Knowing his past names won't help as I'm sure he's smart enough to not reuse them.

He actually is not all that smart. He used to use variations on a name and learned that that got him identified more quickly. Even a lab rat can learn his way through a maze. That does not make him smart.

He isn't smart enough to see all the other traits that make him easily recognizable.

1245A Defender

I miss Eric, erichonda30, ericfromparuhmp, vforvendetta, etc, etc!

he says hes used 70 screen names since march, thats dedication.
he was kind of amusing sometimes, others, just annoying.
the problem only is a problem, when real posters try to debate, or take offense with him.
when he is ignored, he just moves on, no problem.
he seems to want to be relevant, but causing a ruckus, is more fun than being in aggrement.
ive tried to get to know him thru PMs, but he gets banned about the time we get to a back and forth conversation going.
ive gotten to the point that i recognize his posts after about 4 posts.
i think he still has a persona on this forum, and i called him on it, but he made a new one, just to tell me i was wrong.
he is clever that way, but i dont think he is destructive, he really isnt that disruptive either.
many accepted members of this forum are much more obnoxious than Eric, and they get to stay.

i remember feeling "dirty", when boo boo was banned some months ago on the washington forum.
he had alot to add in many discussions, but sometimes was irrelevant and argumentative enough that folks ganged up on him to get him banned.
this happened during a real stupid and prolonged debate about , are cop lights flashing or spinning, and another about being on a gun shops FFL, if you work there.
i should have stood up for boo boo, and exposed the disruptive stupidity of the other posters repetitive arguing.
the arguing that is happening now in threads about the mosque are worse than anything that this forum should allow.
arguing about bible verses and quoting from the qua ran do not belong here.
you know who you are, try to get back on track, try to give a little, and get a little.
try to be a little forgiving, you dont need to correct everything, everybody says that doesnt agree with you every time!

I hope Eric reads this... HI Eric,,, Peace Bob

Last edited:

buster81

I don't miss Eric much, but I do miss the old swine-a-rusky. I wish he would find his way back so we could hear more about his fictional life and he could educate us now that the Supreme Court has agreed with him about the 2A like he predicted...oh wait...he was wrong about that too. Oh well. Please come back little piggy.

1245A Defender

swine was a hoot!!!!

he couldnt carry the truth in a basket!
he gave up on his dart gun idea, but at the end he came up with a kind of mazer,
that folks could shoot BGs with, so the BG would stop robbing or raping you.
he gave up that idea when i pointed out, that BGs would get mazers too,
and shoot victims with them so that they wouldnt mind getting robbed or raped.
Who will protect the children???
he was an idiot!!!!