Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Pro Gun (OC) event in Concord, NC featuring many Sheriffs

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    150

    Pro Gun (OC) event in Concord, NC featuring many Sheriffs

    Below is a message I got from an organization hosting a pro OC, pro libertarian event in Concord, NC. I plan on attending and would encourage others to attend

    We are hosting Ret. AZ Sheriff Richard Mack here in Concord, NC on Oct. 9, 2010 for a speaking engagement and fund raising luncheon. [excluded details because this part was invitation only for my organization]... Sat. 10-9-10

    After lunch the outdoor picnic style event is open to the general public and will be from 3-7:00 PM. We will have booth space for organizations like yours as well as many other pro 2nd amendment and gun ownership organizations. We are inviting all of North Carolinas' 100 sitting county Sheriff's, all candidates for the office of Sheriff and all local (Cabarrus County) political candidates as well. We are anticipating conservatively 1,000 and are planning for up to 3500 people attending the afternoon event.

    If your organization would be interested in participating please contact me at the numbers below and I'll go into more details with you then.

    If you are not able to participate in the event we would respectfully ask that you give us a helping hand by promoting the event information to your group. We have a flyer with information on our web page: http://wethepeoplenc.org/wtp%20-%20mack%20poster2-2.pdf and should have the link for event registration active early this coming week on our main web site: http://www.wethepeoplenc.org.
    I look forward to working with you and your group.
    Sincerely,
    Ronnie Long

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , , Kernersville NC
    Posts
    783
    Can we OC there?? I didnt see any mention of it in the website. Just asking.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Ruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    548
    I don't see how we can legally carry there, since there is an admission fee charged.
    Carry on!

  4. #4
    Regular Member TheFreeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Concord, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    139
    I might drop in on that since it is so close. Or maybe I can hear it from my back yard. hahaha

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Can we OC there?? I didnt see any mention of it in the website. Just asking.
    Since they are asking for help from my organization, I have just requested that they "reword" their gathering to suggest a $5-$8 contribution or donation instead of an "admission" so that we may carry there. We will see where that gets us.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    I don't see how we can legally carry there, since there is an admission fee charged.
    Unless we got the permission from the event organizer...? The crucial question is what does that "and" mean near the end?

    14‑269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.

    (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

    (b) This section shall not apply to the following:

    (1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269;

    (2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;

    (3) A person participating in the event, if he is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event; and

    (4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event. (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4, c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

  7. #7
    Regular Member Ruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by farkles View Post
    Unless we got the permission from the event organizer...? The crucial question is what does that "and" mean near the end?

    14‑269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.

    (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

    (b) This section shall not apply to the following:

    (1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269;

    (2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;

    (3) A person participating in the event, if he is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event; and

    (4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event. (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4, c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

    I guess permission would need to be made VERY clear, and in writing.
    Carry on!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    150
    This was an exception I was not previously aware of though. Nice to know. I suppose this means if you know a pro-gun owner of a restaurant, bar, event etc that they could authorize us to hold an OC meet there? Man it would be nice to hear a lawyer and/or the AG weigh in on this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •