• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jon Witz is planning on going after ALL carry.

ghostrider

Pay attention.

John Witz said, "...We feel the law can be interpreted to be on our side..."

See that folks. This is what is known as propaganda. There is no way the law can do that, and he either doesn't know that, or is just saying it to sway opinion. Now people hearing that some will believe it. He outright lied, but who cares because some gullible person will think it true, and spread that lie. That's how it works. Sleight of hand.

kyleplusitunes

this was a great bit of information, before we won... 3 weeks ago. seems like arts beats & eats is over, and lawful carry was allowed, and the law was not interpreted in mr. witz favor. maybe we can find some earlier videos of mr. witz to post

Haman J.T.

Propaganda is right! The only opinion he would get from Cox is that he is an illegal moron! DUH! Of course the ignorance of the public on the law was fed a line of bull!

DanM

Just found this, it sounds like he wants to try to restrict ALL carry not just at his future festivals

Jon Witz is a fool. I don't mean that pejoratively, I mean that in its true sense: he is inept (outside of his job of being producer of ABE). And even in his job, look at how inept he was with his ignorance of the law, fighting us, and the PR damage to his festival that he had to backpedal and fix. His bumbling was so bad that, to fix any PR and potential attendance damage, he had to come out and actually acknowledge that law-abiding gun carriers (including us OC folks) are "responsible people" and we "aren't a problem". He said those things, in almost those exact terms. On tape. Broadcast on the news. I saw and heard it.

If all gun-control nuts were as inept, and forced themselves to publicly compliment gun owners, our life would actually be easier. I do not fear Witz. I am concerned about real threats to the RKBA, such as the 3 Royal Oak commissioners who voted to approve illegal government conduct.

Bailenforcer

Well said, Witz has proven is an idiot but what are the citizens going to do about the City of Royal Oak making the people there look like backwards half wits? If I lived there I would start a huge campaign to remove everyone who participated in the abolition of the Constitution. They should be fired wholesale and even the most adamant liberal can see the danger in a city official who demonstrates such a hatred of the Constitution and backs it with stupidity in action.

Jon Witz is a fool. I do not fear Witz. I am concerned about real threats to the RKBA, such as the 3 Royal Oak commissioners who voted to approve illegal government conduct.

Bailenforcer

I love the wording interpret the laws in his favor? maybe RE-interpret the laws to something they are not is what he means. And that moron reporter so shamefully biased she feeds and leads the conversation tainted with her personal views.

Below is a Bill Proctor report where he claims "most people" in Royal Oak are against guns yet can only find 3 people? I bet the total population of Royal Oak is 4 people right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUnEnxCQT8E

Just found this, it sounds like he wants to try to restrict ALL carry not just at his future festivals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLadSs_smfg&feature=fvsr

scot623

Sorry, small arms...but why does this deserve it's own thread? This is an old news piece most have seen. Jon's intentions are clearly defined on the AB&E website where he asks people to petition the legislature to ban carry at festivals. This topic should continue in the main AB&E thread started weeks ago.

Last edited:

Small Arms Collector

Sorry, small arms...but why does this deserve it's own thread? This is an old news piece most have seen. Jon's intentions are clearly defined on the AB&E website where he asks people to petition the legislature to ban carry at festivals. This topic should continue in the main AB&E thread started weeks ago.

Starting at the 2 minute mark, he mentions something to the effect of "unfortunately those same people can carry in Oakland County Parks, and streets", which I interpret as his opposition to all carry, and we already know he's petitioning to try to restrict carry at "festivals", so it's reasonable to assume that he'll try to go after other places as well.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
Starting at the 2 minute mark, he mentions something to the effect of "unfortunately those same people can carry in Oakland County Parks, and streets", which I interpret as his opposition to all carry, and we already know he's petitioning to try to restrict carry at "festivals", so it's reasonable to assume that he'll try to go after other places as well.
NO...
He was using those places as an example to try to calm some peoples fears of guns.

as in

People with guns are all around you and you just don't know it, but they are and nothing bad happens.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy, he's a worm and yes he's going to be working with RO and LBP to try to get some law made.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

Yes, Jon is coming after our rights. Good luck with that.

Now that the festival has come and gone, with firearm carry there a Complete Non-Issue, what do you think is likely to occur? Do MI Legislators really think that there is Overwhelming Evidence to restrict persons from providing for their fundamental right of self-protection at such an event? Do MI Legislators not realize that by creating a new Pistol Free Zone it would bring into question ALL Pistol Free Zones and their justifications to be revisited that restrict persons from providing for their fundamental right of self-protection? Do MI Legislators realize that due to the recent SCOTUS Decisions in Heller v. D.C. and McDonald v. City of Chicago, restricting persons from providing for their fundamental right of self-protection wherever they are lawfully allowed to be will be legally challenged and such laws creating Pistol Free Zones could be struck down?

I believe the Michigan Legislators know that creating a new Pistol Free Zone is not justified and will open a "can of worms" that they will likely stay far away from, especially given the current political climate.

Even so, I believe now is the time to be vigilant and take the matter directly to the MI Legislators in the form of Open Letters designed to be preemptive efforts. I encourage all of us to contact our MI Legislators to do precisely that.

As for me, I will be going after the Festival Liquor License being the Entire Festival Grounds instead of Beer Tent Areas. This is not out of spite for Mr. Jon Witz, I firmly believe that either violating or directly ignoring enforcement of 1 Federal Law, 3 Michigan Laws, and 2 Royal Oak Ordinances warrants such an action. Those who OC without a CPL were prevented from attending the festival due to this. I do not expect this action to be popular with most here.

PDinDetroit

That depends on whether you still plan to work with terrorist groups like madd. I have no issue with wanting laws enforced, but when we work with groups that are trying to take away our rights we are no better than them.

Point taken. At the present time, I see no need to involve them.

Bailenforcer

Well I don't see it as spite against John Wittless I see it as "interpreting the laws in our favor" to get his liquor license pulled.

Yes, Jon is coming after our rights. Good luck with that.

Now that the festival has come and gone, with firearm carry there a Complete Non-Issue, what do you think is likely to occur? Do MI Legislators really think that there is Overwhelming Evidence to restrict persons from providing for their fundamental right of self-protection at such an event? Do MI Legislators not realize that by creating a new Pistol Free Zone it would bring into question ALL Pistol Free Zones and their justifications to be revisited that restrict persons from providing for their fundamental right of self-protection? Do MI Legislators realize that due to the recent SCOTUS Decisions in Heller v. D.C. and McDonald v. City of Chicago, restricting persons from providing for their fundamental right of self-protection wherever they are lawfully allowed to be will be legally challenged and such laws creating Pistol Free Zones could be struck down?

I believe the Michigan Legislators know that creating a new Pistol Free Zone is not justified and will open a "can of worms" that they will likely stay far away from, especially given the current political climate.

Even so, I believe now is the time to be vigilant and take the matter directly to the MI Legislators in the form of Open Letters designed to be preemptive efforts. I encourage all of us to contact our MI Legislators to do precisely that.

As for me, I will be going after the Festival Liquor License being the Entire Festival Grounds instead of Beer Tent Areas. This is not out of spite for Mr. Jon Witz, I firmly believe that either violating or directly ignoring enforcement of 1 Federal Law, 3 Michigan Laws, and 2 Royal Oak Ordinances warrants such an action. Those who OC without a CPL were prevented from attending the festival due to this. I do not expect this action to be popular with most here.

Last edited: