Thread: Armed Robbery Right Here In Nampa! This is why we carry, what would you have done?

Armed Robbery Right Here In Nampa! This is why we carry, what would you have done?

http://www.idahopress.com/news/artic...cc4c002e0.html

A man was robbed at gun point by three teen to 20 somethings...He's alive to tell about it because he complied, but as a carrier, I'm interested to hear what you would have done if you were carrying. (I understand we would never put ourselves in this stupid position, but what if). Do you give them the money and your phone and tell the same story? Of do you draw down on them...catch their reaction and fire if needed?
    Carry On!
    Jeremy

Springfield XD .45 ACP 4" with Black Hawk Sherpa Retention Holster

Idaho Constitution Article I, Section 11
    ...'No law shall impose licensure, registration or special taxation on the ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Nor shall any law permit the confiscation of firearms, except those actually used in the commission of a felony.

Definently drawn, but id hope someone wouldnt want to be so stupid as to point a gun on someone who is obviously packing. Thats the reason why I do Craigslist in a well lit public area and while im carrying.

I used to live across the street from this apartment complex, and im sure this isnt the first time something happened there. Its the worst place for something like that to happen because a greenbelt enterance is right there.

Idaho allows firing upon anyone threatening your life or in defense of yourself during the commission of a felony. I think that would cover both

As much as I'd like to indulge a "what if", the only thing I can say is that I'd never be in such a situation. Safe, well lit, populated areas during the daytime for craigslist purchases. Starbucks, for example, might work. Agreeing to meet strangers while carrying a large wad of cash isn't a good idea. The first responsibility of carrying a firearm is to not put yourself in stupid situations where you're more likely to have to discharge it.

Nightowl...I absolutely agree...it was totally stupid and a responsible gun carrier should always avoid such situations. But still...it is an interesting predicament to think about what you would do in light if the fact you may have to take a life

Jeremy - "A RIGHT NOT EXERCISED IS A RIGHT LOST"
    Carry On!
    Jeremy

Springfield XD .45 ACP 4" with Black Hawk Sherpa Retention Holster

Idaho Constitution Article I, Section 11
    ...'No law shall impose licensure, registration or special taxation on the ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Nor shall any law permit the confiscation of firearms, except those actually used in the commission of a felony.

i just finished reading " the gift of fear" by gavin de becker.... i recommend reading this book even though he is an anti gunner... his expertise is predicting voilence.. i learned alot from this book.. 7.99 at barnes and nobel..

to answer the question... i would never negotiate my life with any "feral" human.
    Last edited by Hiredgun30; 09-16-2010 at 07:53 AM.