• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Robbery Right Here In Nampa! This is why we carry, what would you have done?

JEREMYXD45

http://www.idahopress.com/news/article_e4812da8-baaa-11df-b383-001cc4c002e0.html

A man was robbed at gun point by three teen to 20 somethings...He's alive to tell about it because he complied, but as a carrier, I'm interested to hear what you would have done if you were carrying. (I understand we would never put ourselves in this stupid position, but what if). Do you give them the money and your phone and tell the same story? Of do you draw down on them...catch their reaction and fire if needed?

idahodude

Definently drawn, but id hope someone wouldnt want to be so stupid as to point a gun on someone who is obviously packing. Thats the reason why I do Craigslist in a well lit public area and while im carrying.

I used to live across the street from this apartment complex, and im sure this isnt the first time something happened there. Its the worst place for something like that to happen because a greenbelt enterance is right there.

Idaho allows firing upon anyone threatening your life or in defense of yourself during the commission of a felony. I think that would cover both :)

NightOwl

As much as I'd like to indulge a "what if", the only thing I can say is that I'd never be in such a situation. Safe, well lit, populated areas during the daytime for craigslist purchases. Starbucks, for example, might work. Agreeing to meet strangers while carrying a large wad of cash isn't a good idea. The first responsibility of carrying a firearm is to not put yourself in stupid situations where you're more likely to have to discharge it.

JEREMYXD45

Nightowl...I absolutely agree...it was totally stupid and a responsible gun carrier should always avoid such situations. But still...it is an interesting predicament to think about what you would do in light if the fact you may have to take a life

Jeremy - "A RIGHT NOT EXERCISED IS A RIGHT LOST"

Hiredgun30

i just finished reading " the gift of fear" by gavin de becker.... i recommend reading this book even though he is an anti gunner... his expertise is predicting voilence.. i learned alot from this book.. 7.99 at barnes and nobel..

to answer the question... i would never negotiate my life with any "feral" human.

Last edited: