• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

40th Annual Great Midwest Marijuana Harvest Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McX

Almost cut my hair
Happened just the other day
It's gettin' kind of long
I could've said it was in my way

But I didn't and I wonder why
I feel like letting my freak flag fly
And I feel like I owe it, yeah ... to someone, yeah

Well, must be because I had the flu this Christmas
Oh, yeah and I'm not feeling up to par
Oh, I tell you baby this increases my paranoia
Yeah, like looking in my mirror and seeing a police car

Well, well, I'm not, I'm not giving in an inch to fear
Well, you know I've promised myself this year
Well, I feel oh, like I owe it, I owe, I owe it to someone
Oh ... like I owe it to someone

Instrumental (Electric Guitar)
Oh, yes when I get myself together
Yeah, you can find me in that sunny southern weather, yeah

I'm goin' to find a space inside a laugh, yes
Separate the wheat from some chaff
Oh, and I feel ...
Like I owe it, yeah ... to someone

The Don

You are really getting your post count up following me around and pooping on my shoulder. From 6 posts when you started to over a hundred... good job. Also, I know BrokenSprocket personally so I don't need my shaman training to correctly evaluate his posts.

And I am not wrong. The pot get together in Madison is the new weedstock with even the same characters including Ben Masel being involved. How do I know this? My old GF's dad had a weedstock on his farm back in the 80's.

Again, they can talk about the medical and monetary benefits of pot all they want but basically it boils down to just wanting to get high.

Its kind of funny though... I've had about a half-dozen guys talk sh!t to me on OCDO down through the months but its strange because when I meet them in person all of a sudden they get tongue-tied and are very respectful. I can't wait to meet you Don.

BrokenSprocket seems to disagree with you. As for my posts, I'll put the percentage of my posts I 'spend' pointing out your errors and hypocrisy against the percentage of your posts 'spent' on name calling, engaging in personal attacks, belittling others, etc any time. I'd also put the percentage of my posts deleted against the percentage of your posts deleted any time, too. My number is 0, what's yours?

No, you were wrong. You called it 'Weedstock' (uppercase 'W') originally, using that as a title in order to marginalize it. If you meant what you're now backpedaling and claiming above, you'd have written 'weedstock (lowercase 'w') as you are now.

Your mental powers amaze me...so now you can read the minds of medical marijuana users nationwide.

Half a dozen...that numbers seems low. Anyway, maybe you're more conciliatory and less antagonistic in person, so there's no need for the 'half a dozen' to confront you about anything? Given your conciliatory nature in general (don't carry where it upsets people, permits and training requirements are okay, etc) this is the option my money is on. It's along the lines of one of the things my grandpa used to say..."If one person thinks you're an a-hole, maybe it's you, maybe it's them. If everyone thinks you're an a-hole...you're probably an a-hole."

As for meeting me, I hope "I can't wait to meet you, Don" isn't a threat. 'Cause that'd be against forum rules, and we all know how much a supporter you are of forum rules and I'm sure you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite.

Last edited:

The Don

you could not be more wrong!

Yeah, I know. I've worked with medical software for the past 13 years and I've talked to a lot of people in the medical profession - doctors, nurses, researchers, public health workders, CDC employees. Many of them would disagree with him. Their opinions carry much more weight with me than his does.

Spartacus

Banned
I won't be tongue tied the next time we meet up. Vernon County Fair I hope it is.

You didn't have much to say to me when I was waiting at the courthouse in Black River to disarm you. You promised to carry a Hi-Point into the courthouse, remember? Or do you have a problem with short-term memory?

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
BrokenSprocket seems to disagree with you. As for my posts, I'll put the percentage of my posts I 'spend' pointing out your errors and hypocrisy against the percentage of your posts 'spent' on name calling, engaging in personal attacks, belittling others, etc any time. I'd also put the percentage of my posts deleted against the percentage of your posts deleted any time, too. My number is 0, what's yours?

No, you were wrong. You called it 'Weedstock' (uppercase 'W') originally, using that as a title in order to marginalize it. If you meant what you're now backpedaling and claiming above, you'd have written 'weedstock (lowercase 'w') as you are now.

Your mental powers amaze me...so now you can read the minds of medical marijuana users nationwide.

Half a dozen...that numbers seems low. Anyway, maybe you're more conciliatory and less antagonistic in person, so there's no need for the 'half a dozen' to confront you about anything? Given your conciliatory nature in general (don't carry where it upsets people, permits and training requirements are okay, etc) this is the option my money is on. It's along the lines of one of the things my grandpa used to say..."If one person thinks you're an a-hole, maybe it's you, maybe it's them. If everyone thinks you're an a-hole...you're probably an a-hole."

As for meeting me, I hope "I can't wait to meet you, Don" is a threat. 'Cause that'd be against forum rules, and we all know how much a supporter you are of forum rules and I'm sure you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack I capitalized weedstock once and didn't the second time. Really? And I threatened you. Really? COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

I got nothing against dopers. Its a lifestyle choice and we live in a democracy... go for it. But I do have a problem with strapping on a gun and wearing a WCI shirt to an event like that. At least for now until we get the elections and concealed carry behind us, then this will all be a non issue.

The Don

You argue like a woman, always moving the point around. I capitalized weedstock once and didn't the second time. Really? And I threatened you. Really? I never threaten girls.

As far as BrokenSprocket lets just say that if WCI had a tie-die T-shirt option he would be all over it to go with his little bandana that he's fond of.

I got nothing against dopers. Its a lifestyle choice and we live in a democracy... go for it. But I do have a problem with strapping on a gun and wearing a WCI shirt to an event like that. At least for now until we get the elections and concealed carry behind us, then this will all be a non issue.

I didn't say you threatened me, I said I hoped you weren't threatening me. (edit - I see I had a typo in my original post where I said "is a threat" instead of "isn't a threat", that's been corrected.)

By calling them "dopers" you show you do have something again people who choose to use marijuana for medicinal purposes. You use a derogatory term in a derogatory context while claiming you don't have a problem with the group you're using the derogatory term about. You demonstrate your hypocrisy in only 5 words. At least you're succinct.

So condescending..."you argue like a woman", "let's just say", "his little bandana".

I see step 5 of the The Spartacus Maneuver is in full effect again...belittling and name calling. At least you aren't bringing up any dead issues this time.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
So are you trying to say you are a WCI board member while mumbling what we stand for or do not stand for?

There are 4 WCI Board Members who can speak on behalf of WCI:

(me) Nik Clark
Hubert Hoffman (bnhcomputing)
Auric Gold (shotgun)
Joseph Olson (doesn't post on OCDO)

There are 3 WCI officers who can speak on behalf of WCI. Me Hubert and Auric.

Anyone else is speaking on behalf of themselves as members which may or may not reflect an official position of WCI. It should go without saying that we do not dictate what our members say, do, or believe.

When/if we add new board members or officers we make a press release/announcement.

M

McX

it should also be mentioned that i speak on behalf of me, but no one else, and no one listens. works for me.

Spartacus

Banned
There are 3 WCI officers who can speak on behalf of WCI. Me Hubert and Auric.

Anyone else is speaking on behalf of themselves as members which may or may not reflect an official position of WCI. It should go without saying that we do not dictate what our members say, do, or believe.

Exactly.

And I've never claimed to speak for anyone but myself. I have no idea what the board might think of carrying a gun to a potfest so I'm on my own here and it is a credit to the leadership of WCI that not once have they tried to dictate or influence my opinions even when I diverge from WCI's position in details.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Count the number of posts I had to edit in this thread alone ... I am really having trouble keeping up with the personal feuds on the WI forum.

If this doesn't stop, I am going to have to start banning people ... starting with the worst offenders and working my way down until I don't get 25 reported posts per night from the WI forum anymore. :banghead:

Fair warning!

John

The Don

What you don't yet understand is that until you actually DO SOMETHING for our effort besides shoot off your mouth on OCDO that very few people will take you seriously. The ones that typically pig-pile with you are usually in the same boat.

When you get in the trenches and get your feet dirty and rub shoulders with some of us who are doing the work then you may actually develop a voice here. Until then you are a disincarnate blabbermouth like a few others I could mention.

Passing out flyers at the Jefferson County Fair Park gun show doesn't count? Talking to Sauk Prairie Police Dept to determine their stance in order to see if more work there is needed doesn't count? I'm planning on going to the meet and greet at Culver's in Fort Atkinson when that happens, will that count then? Depending on the date of the gathering in Madison, I'm planning on going to that, will that count? Or since you're not going to be at those events and I won't get to meet you and become tongue-tied around you, will those things not count either?

I didn't realize there were certain things that do count and certain things that don't count. Maybe you could post some sort of guidelines for what counts and what doesn't? Or is that another one of those things that's only defined in your private dictionary again?

Why do you need to so fervently minimize and belittle what others have done? I'm not speaking for the others, but I've never done that to you. You've done a lot of great work, based on what you've said, and that's great. I've never slighted that, so far as I remember.

What I have done is point out errors, hypocrisy, unnecessary personal attacks, unnecessary references to dead issues, and your repeated apparent inability to apologize or even admit you were wrong - things I've flat out said I will continue to do to you and will do to anyone else, if needed. We also had what I thought was a civil discussion about permits and constitutional carry where we basically agreed to disagree.

As for my text you quoted, editing that to be nonsense because you didn't like the points I brought up is on the verge of violating Rule 16, technically.

Spartacus

Banned
I didn't realize there were certain things that do count and certain things that don't count. Maybe you could post some sort of guidelines for what counts and what doesn't? Or is that another one of those things that's only defined in your private dictionary again?

I said rub shoulders and meet with the guys, not hand out pamphlets. Once you put some faces to the names here all your rhetoric will change. These are real men, some of them doing yeoman's work for no pay. I personally have put thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours into the effort and others have done waaay more than me. And I don't say that in any way of bragging if thats where you would go with it.

Last edited:

The Don

I said rub shoulders and meet with the guys, not hand out pamphlets. Once you put some faces to the names here all your rhetoric will change. These are real men, some of them doing yeoman's work for no pay. I personally have put thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours into the effort and others have done waaay more than me. And I don't say that in any way of bragging if thats where you would go with it.

You also said "DO SOMETHING" (your emphasis), which I was pointing out I had. And I've done more than hand out pamphlets, as I stated. Everybody starts somewhere.

I've freely admitted since I started posting that I haven't made it to a meet and greet or anything like that yet. I've never claimed differently. As for how my rhetoric will or won't change, I doubt it will change much. I'll still be in favor of concealed carry with no more restrictions than open carry. I'll still want changes made to the restrictions in place for open carry, and I'll still believe that attempts to control *who* can carry (either way) through permits and training is the wrong approach, that the better approach is to address any "who" concerns through the laws that govern how guns are purchased.

As you stated it here, no, I wouldn't say you were bragging and, for the record, I do appreciate the work that you (and everyone) has done. And I look forward to doing more myself, as well.

I guess my point with this post is it's unfair and doesn't help anyone to diminish what others do simply because it's in a different vein than what you do or it's not as much as you've done...we're all working to support the cause, and everything helps. Just because I haven't "rubbed shoulders" with anyone doesn't make my contributions any less valid, nor my questions, nor my criticisms. If it does, does that mean your contributions, questions, criticisms are less valid in and of themselves than someone who's done more than you? I think you'd say it doesn't, and I'd ask for the same courtesy.

Last edited:

The Don

Oops... guess you can't claim no attacks or posts deleted anymore.

Don just do us all a favor and put me on "Ignore" like Gleason did. It will be easier for you that way.

Yeah, I saw that and yeah, I was out of line. As I apologized to the administrator and wasting his time, I apologize to the rest of the forum, as well. My intent isn't to engage in personal attacks, but merely to point out things I think are incorrect, unfair, personal attacks (the irony in this case isn't lost on me), etc.

And thanks for you concern about what's easy or not for me. Just the same, I think I'll determine when things are too hard for me.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
As you stated it here, no, I wouldn't say you were bragging and, for the record, I do appreciate the work that you (and everyone) has done. And I look forward to doing more myself, as well.

I guess my point with this post is it's unfair and doesn't help anyone to diminish what others do simply because it's in a different vein than what you do or it's not as much as you've done...we're all working to support the cause, and everything helps. Just because I haven't "rubbed shoulders" with anyone doesn't make my contributions any less valid, nor my questions, nor my criticisms. If it does, does that mean your contributions, questions, criticisms are less valid in and of themselves than someone who's done more than you? I think you'd say it doesn't, and I'd ask for the same courtesy.

See, you start off good and then you mix your metaphors so to speak. The "rubbing shoulders" part only relates to the change in attitude you will have when you are face-to-face with us guys. I hope you can make the transition from "internet voice" to real person.

You may think me an a$$hole as you have said, and I'll not deny that, but only to loudmouths who none of us will ever meet and do nothing but snipe at us guys from the safety of their keyboards.

OK, since John had to step in lets let this go for now. I think we understand one another better anyway, so there is always some good that comes out of these exchanges.

That is unless any dopers have anything more to say if they can get the brownies out of their mouths long enough.

The Don

For the record, I wasn't calling you an a-hole, I was trying to say that if everyone is different when you meet them, then maybe you're different, too. I just quoted it the way my grandpa said it. Probably should have cleaned it up, in retrospect. (Not trying to start a new argument, just didn't realize it came across wrong the first time so I'm clarifying.)

Anyway, yeah I agree about letting it go. Again, apologies to everyone on the forum for wasting their time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.