• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Manteca Sportsmen Outdoor Range

OPS MARINE

Spent a few days in Manteca and found my way to the wonderful BassPro there. Great customer service upstairs in the guns and hunting area. Yes, I was OCing, and a friend took a picture as we walked downstairs to do more shopping (that's why it's shaky and unfocused).

The outdoor range was to follow, and things went off there without a hitch. Good atmosphere, nice shooting (I think).

BASS2.jpgBASSPRO.jpgBASS3.jpg

Please click on the images to make them larger.

Last edited:

OPS MARINE

I was there yesterday, which was Monday Sept. 6, 2010.

And the results...
HPNX0530.jpg

Last edited:

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
One of these days we should get a bunch of us together and have an OC outing + range day. I tried a couple years ago, but now there's actually 3-4 active members in the Central Valley.

By the way, did the range have rifle lanes? I might just OC my Mini-14 (exact opposite of an "evil black rifle").

OPS MARINE

One of these days we should get a bunch of us together and have an OC outing + range day. I tried a couple years ago, but now there's actually 3-4 active members in the Central Valley.

By the way, did the range have rifle lanes? I might just OC my Mini-14 (exact opposite of an "evil black rifle").
The rifle lanes are on the other side, near the skeet shooting.

Nor-Cal

Did you happen to see the school just across the street from bass pro on the other side of sound barrier? I didn't even notice it till the other day, its more than the1000' mark from the entrance from bass pro but getting closer to the red robin or movie theater it will put u at or real close to the GFSZ?

OPS MARINE

Did you happen to see the school just across the street from bass pro on the other side of sound barrier? I didn't even notice it till the other day, its more than the1000' mark from the entrance from bass pro but getting closer to the red robin or movie theater it will put u at or real close to the GFSZ?

I know the school is there, yes. I have intel strategically placed in the area. I do know that what you say is correct...the BassPro itself is clear, but the closer you get to anything else...danger. I am careful when I go there, because I always go armed.

Nor-Cal

I know the school is there, yes. I have intel strategically placed in the area. I do know that what you say is correct...the BassPro itself is clear, but the closer you get to anything else...danger. I am careful when I go there, because I always go armed.

Yes basspro is clear that's what I ment to say but getting closer to the theater and red robbin ull be cutting close, I was just putting that out there so others would know since its hidden and not on all maps I've seen.