• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SCCC Chapter starting at ECU

Dreamer

I can make that time slot this weekend. Can you suggest a convenient off-campus, non-alcoholic venue? Panera Bread is OC-friendly, but it's sort of pricey for lunch.

Somewhere else, perhaps?

M

mattwestm

Cubbies on 5th street is pretty cheap for lunch. I'd like to attend this meet!

elixin77

I work at 1600, so if we want to meet up for lunch, thats fine with me.

I'm down with Cubbie's on 5th. I haven't had them in a while, and it gives me an excuse to get some good food.

Cubbie's on 5th at 1230 work for everyone? Dreamer has crazy ADD whenever he gets going, so having the extra 2 1/2 hours will let us at least glance over the SCCC chapter, lol!!!

I'll see if I can't get a couple others to come as well.

Dreamer

Cubbie's on 5th at 1230 work for everyone? Dreamer has crazy ADD whenever he gets going, so having the extra 2 1/2 hours will let us at least glance over the SCCC chapter, lol!!!

Hey, I resemble that remark...

Anyway, I'll be there. I'm feeling a little grumbly today (getting over some sort of stomach bug) but I should be better by Sunday.

I'll bring all the paperwork for SCCC and the ECU SAB paperwork too, to collect signatures. I'v got some SCCC handouts too, so people can take info home.

Here is a link to their menu--and YES it is a non-alcohol-serving establishment...
http://greenvillediningguide.com/cubbiesmenu.aspx

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

If we are in the mood for burgers, Five Guys is really good. Never been to the new Greenville location, but the one in Raleigh is great!

Dreamer

Duh, I don't know how I missed the beverage listing of beer...

I've eaten at the FiveGuys, and it's good. Plus it's in a high-traffic area of the shopping part of town, so I'm sure we'd get some opportunities to hand out some NC Gun Rights flyers and SCCC info.

Haven't been to Andy's, but if it's a local business, I'd be up for putting money in their pockets, as long as they are 2A-friendly...

Resto Guy

If we are in the mood for burgers, Five Guys is really good. Never been to the new Greenville location, but the one in Raleigh is great!

I've eaten at 5 Guys twice, the last time was 4 hrs. ago. It's high traffic(newly opened) and very loud, probably not the best place for a meeting.

M

mattwestm

Duh, I don't know how I missed the beverage listing of beer...

I've eaten at the FiveGuys, and it's good. Plus it's in a high-traffic area of the shopping part of town, so I'm sure we'd get some opportunities to hand out some NC Gun Rights flyers and SCCC info.

Haven't been to Andy's, but if it's a local business, I'd be up for putting money in their pockets, as long as they are 2A-friendly...

When would we be meeting? Also, I think Andys is a chain. I think I ate at one in Garner? Is it a cheesesteak place?

Edit: Not sure if you guys like asian, but Mongolian Empire is really good! I think they charge more on the weekends though. Parkers BBQ is good too!

Last edited:

Resto Guy

Check with Billy Parker at the Memorial Drive location. They have separate enclosed areas available if that suits you.
Plus, I think you will find him to be pro-gun.

M

mattwestm

Also, my girlfriend works at Panera. She could hook us up with a 65% discount as long as she is working.

elixin77

Right now its a toss up between 5 guys and Andy's. Even though it may be a bit louder, we will get a lot more attention if we go there vs. Andy's on 10th because it is a higher traffic zone. We would more than likely run into other ECU students there, and we might have a chance to educate the local populace there as well.

Parker's on memorial is too far away from ECU, and there is a strong chance that not a lot of students will be there. We will more than likely have a better chance at either Andy's or 5 guys, with 5 guys seeing the most (ecu) traffic.

Matt - we're meeting on Sunday (Oct 3) at 1230. If that doesn't work for you, i'm working in the comp lab from 8-4 tomorrow (saturday) so you can swing by then if you want.

Dreamer

Right now its a toss up between 5 guys and Andy's. Even though it may be a bit louder, we will get a lot more attention if we go there vs. Andy's on 10th because it is a higher traffic zone. We would more than likely run into other ECU students there, and we might have a chance to educate the local populace there as well.

I'm leaning toward 5 Guys for just that reason--more traffic, ore visibility, more opportunities for community outreach.

Parker's on memorial is too far away from ECU, and there is a strong chance that not a lot of students will be there. We will more than likely have a better chance at either Andy's or 5 guys, with 5 guys seeing the most (ecu) traffic.

I eat at the Parkers in Wilson about once a month, and I ALWAYS OC there--never had an issue, and have had quite a few knowing nods, and "thank you's" from other patrons there. The food and service is better at the Wilson location. The Parkers in Greenville is OK, but it's nowhere near as good (food or service) as the one in Wilson...

I'm leaning toward 5 Guys. Plus, it's walking distance from Michaels, and I need to go shopping for art supplies this weekend anyway... ;)

Dreamer

I know a few Art Grad students who might come to this meeting. So we need to nail down a location ASAP, so I can email them with plenty of lead time...

Dreamer

I've posted an announcement on our Facebook page.

I've also sent announcements to the Campus Republican org and Libertarian org mailing lists.

And I sent personal emails to several grad students in my department...

Hopefully we can get at least 10 people to show up and sign the forms, so we can get "official" next semester...