Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First ever encounter at my apartments

First ever encounter at my apartments

Tonight I had just gotten home from doing some grocery shopping. After I unloaded all of my groceries from my trunk, I had noticed a horrible smell coming from my kitchen.. followed by me realizing my trash was in desperate need to be taken out. I grab the bag and head across the complex to the dumpster. As I approach the dumpster, I noticed it was heavily overflowing with garbage, coming out of the actual trash area. I couldn't even access the dumpster itself, so I just tossed my bag of garbage in there with the rest of the crap. Anyway, as I turn around, I noticed someone, probably in his late teens, approach the dumpster with a McDonalds bag. As soon as I made eye contact with him, I could tell that he was extremely high. He looked like he just got done smoking a foot long joint. I nod at him and continue walking. Before I know it, he gets back in his car and hollers out in a Beavis and Butthead tone of voice "Hey man.. is that a gun?"

I reply - "Yes, it is." (In a monotone voice)

Stoned Teen - "What do you use it for?"

I reply - "Uhm.. it's for protection" (As I continue walking away)

Stoned teen - "Oh well thats cool man. As long as you have your weapons permit then man!"

I reply - "Yeah.. I do, but I don't need one to carry it open."

At this point, I'm finally at a distance to where I'm far enough away for him to cease the conversation. I just got home from a long day and didn't feel like chatting about my firearm with a teen who was stoned off his butt. I've lived here for nearly a year, and it's the first time anyone has ever asked me about it. Just thought I'd share.

Reminds me of when I was shopping for some groceries, and a man asks me, "is that a real gun," I said, "yes," he said, "does it work?"
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Reminds me of when I was shopping for some groceries, and a man asks me, "is that a real gun," I said, "yes," he said, "does it work?"
    Does it work now that's funny...
    I have been asked several times if the "..is that a real gun" question.
    I always answer "I wouldn't carry a fake one". (Although some of you Glock haters might disagree )

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    (Although some of you Glock haters might disagree )

I still consider a Glock a gun--half gun, but a gun none-the-less
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Ah yes, one of the many joys of apartment living, the overflowing dumpster . . . . .

Seattle has been talking about moving to a bi-weekly garbage pick-up schedule...that is going to be messy.

Certain people I don't tell that its legal.Some gang looking punk asks me I just say I have a license.We don't want everyone knowing.Especially the people around my complex. If some Bevis comes up and asks you if its legal just say you have a license.They're usually to stupid to research it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    Tonight I had just gotten home from doing some grocery shopping. After I unloaded all of my groceries from my trunk, I had noticed a horrible smell coming from my kitchen.. followed by me realizing my trash was in desperate need to be taken out. I grab the bag and head across the complex to the dumpster. As I approach the dumpster, I noticed it was heavily overflowing with garbage, coming out of the actual trash area. I couldn't even access the dumpster itself, so I just tossed my bag of garbage in there with the rest of the crap. Anyway, as I turn around, I noticed someone, probably in his late teens, approach the dumpster with a McDonalds bag. As soon as I made eye contact with him, I could tell that he was extremely high. He looked like he just got done smoking a foot long joint. I nod at him and continue walking. Before I know it, he gets back in his car and hollers out in a Beavis and Butthead tone of voice "Hey man.. is that a gun?"

I reply - "Yes, it is." (In a monotone voice)

Stoned Teen - "What do you use it for?"

I reply - "Uhm.. it's for protection" (As I continue walking away)

Stoned teen - "Oh well thats cool man. As long as you have your weapons permit then man!"

I reply - "Yeah.. I do, but I don't need one to carry it open."

At this point, I'm finally at a distance to where I'm far enough away for him to cease the conversation. I just got home from a long day and didn't feel like chatting about my firearm with a teen who was stoned off his butt. I've lived here for nearly a year, and it's the first time anyone has ever asked me about it. Just thought I'd share.
    Food for thought, you now have educated a druggie that open carry is legal instead of leaving him with his misguided thoughts one needed a permit to carry, which in his case may have done some good.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Follow up:

I just came in from checking yesterdays mail, and he was by the clubhouse walking his dog. He said "Hi" to me, and mentioned that he was 17 years old and has a "domestic assault charge" and a "felony drug charge" on his record, so he can't be in possession of one. He said "The court said I can't even be in possession of a squirt gun!"

Too bad he pretty much ruined his adulthood. Already sporting a DV and Felony drug charge at 17? Good luck getting hired anywhere. Seems like everyone is doing a background check on their applicants these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    "Only when I pull the trigger...other than that its broke."

I got a laugh out of "What do you use it for?"

heh...

Easy: ventilation.

Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

A good reply would have been "It brings clarity into those lives that have none"
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    A good reply would have been "It brings clarity into those lives that have none"
    Considering his state of mind.. yes! That would have been good!

"..Like tubular, dude.."

Food for thought, you now have educated a druggie that open carry is legal instead of leaving him with his misguided thoughts one needed a permit to carry, which in his case may have done some good.

So if someone smokes pot they dont have the right to self defense?

Why do you assume that one is a "druggie" just because they smoke pot?
    Do you feel that anyone who drinks is an alcoholic?

After the update from Aaron about the guy mentioning he is a felon we can conclude he is probably a loser, but you did not have this information at the time you made these remarks.
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 09-09-2010 at 03:22 AM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post

After the update from Aaron about the guy mentioning he is a felon we can conclude he is probably a loser, but you did not have this information at the time you made these remarks.
    I don't think Abraham Lincoln would have denied a pot head his right to self defense....
    this is where the (R's) go way off constitutionally based gov.

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
    Abraham Lincoln (1809-65), U.S. President.
    Speech, 18 Dec. 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives

From the movie ...."Justified"

"I want you to understand. I don't pull my sidearm unless I'm going to shoot to kill. That's its purpose, huh? To kill. So that's how I use it"

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post

Of course they have a right to self defense. But if you knowingly break the law and try to find sanctuary behind "the right to self-defense" then it does nothing for our cause.

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post
    Of course they have a right to self defense. But if you knowingly break the law and try to find sanctuary behind "the right to self-defense" then it does nothing for our cause.
    even if you do smoke pot,
    why would you need to "find sanctuary",
    to utilize your unalienable right to keep and bare arms in defense of yourself??
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

LOL Here comes our Pot Heads whining away.

Pot is illegal !

Pot is illegal !
    Now you've done it! Expect this thread to "go up in smoke" real soon.

I won't discuss my opinions on whether or not they're "addicts" , or whether or not I agree that it should remain illegal or not, but I will say that I am certainly not a fan of marijuana, and have never used marijuana. I can also note that most of the people who I have encountered who do use marijuana come across as lazy lowlifes.

Sorry if that comes across as brash, but it's how I view it. I won't get in to the politics of whether or not I feel it's dangerous, immoral, it's legal status, or anything of that nature.. just because I don't like getting too political about non firearm issues on here, out of respect for the forum and what it stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post

Pot is illegal !
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Now you've done it! Expect this thread to "go up in smoke" real soon.
    I won't discuss my opinions on whether or not they're "addicts" , or whether or not I agree that it should remain illegal or not, but I will say that I am certainly not a fan of marijuana, and have never used marijuana. I can also note that most of the people who I have encountered who do use marijuana come across as lazy lowlifes.

Sorry if that comes across as brash, but it's how I view it. I won't get in to the politics of whether or not I feel it's dangerous, immoral, it's legal status, or anything of that nature.. just because I don't like getting too political about non firearm issues on here, out of respect for the forum and what it stands for.
    way to go!!!
    thanks for standing up, and protecting our 2 A rights!
    being a criminal, of any kind, speeding, taxes, zoning, whatever!
    shouldnt have anything to do with it.
    rights are rights, they are unalienable!

think of the 5th A, it protects the innocent as well as the guilty!
    as it should be!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    way to go!!!
    thanks for standing up, and protecting our 2 A rights!
    being a criminal, of any kind, speeding, taxes, zoning, whatever!
    shouldnt have anything to do with it.
    rights are rights, they are unalienable!

think of the 5th A, it protects the innocent as well as the guilty!
    as it should be!
    Guess you were right amlevin.
    Now here comes the over reaction crowd.

Self Defense is an alienable right, owning a firearm is not and in your argument you feel killers still should be able to legally own and use firearms?
    Last edited by BigDave; 09-09-2010 at 12:29 PM.

sigh.....

Guess you were right amlevin.
    Now here comes the over reaction crowd.

Self Defense is an alienable right, owning a firearm is not and in your argument you feel killers still should be able to legally own and use firearms?
    I am not alone, when I say, that ANYONE who is not in jail!
    has an unalienable right to self defense!

i think that ANYONE that is soooo bad,
    that they cant be trusted, with the right to keep and bare arms,
    should not be allowed to roam amongst the peaceful people in our society!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast