Thread: How it should be!

How it should be!

So I was taking a walk down to the local gas station at about 10pm.

I'm a night owl.

As I'm walking, I notice that there are two-man teams of Richland PD doing foot patrols. A LOT of them. They're looking for someone, and looking hard.

So I keep walking, and you guessed it... I got terry stopped.

The officer straight up told me, "Sorry, but I have to stop you, otherwise I'd get chewed out because we're looking for someone."

The officer was really polite, and the only question he asked me about my .40 was, "You're not a felon, right?"

Haha, last time I checked, no.

[EDIT=Thought about it after the fact. This probably belongs in the "Eastern WA OC Thread." Sorry in advance.]
    Last edited by killchain; 09-08-2010 at 07:02 AM. Reason: This should probably be moved.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

terry? really?

did they Only ask about gun? being a felon?
    did they ask for ID? where you goin? whos your daddy? where you work? why you up so late?
    did you tell them, there is no gun exemption in terry?
    did you match a description?
    it seems that they just felt that they were required to make contact with Everybody!
    did you buy a snack?
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 09-08-2010 at 07:26 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Sounds cool to me. They were looking for someone. His supervisor expected him to make contact with everyone he saw. He made civil contact with you and moved on. 'Nuff said!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

I think maybe not

Were you in the area they were looking for the "person"?
    Did you match the description of the "person"?
    Did he expect a felon to answer "Yeah, I'm a felon"
    Did he run any info on you, or your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Were you in the area they were looking for the "person"?
    Did you match the description of the "person"?
    Did he expect a felon to answer "Yeah, I'm a felon"
    Did he run any info on you, or your gun?
    You'd be surprised. During the multiple ride-a-longs I have gone on, most people admitted all of their charges, to their knowledge, when asked. One man was speeding 52 in a 35. When asked for his license, his response was "Well to be honest, I am pretty sure it's suspended."

Officer - "You're pretty sure?"

Guy - "Yeah, it is suspended"

The cop was obviously just checking the box and you weren't a person of interest...IMHO