• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How it should be!

killchain

So I was taking a walk down to the local gas station at about 10pm.

I'm a night owl.

As I'm walking, I notice that there are two-man teams of Richland PD doing foot patrols. A LOT of them. They're looking for someone, and looking hard.

So I keep walking, and you guessed it... I got terry stopped.

The officer straight up told me, "Sorry, but I have to stop you, otherwise I'd get chewed out because we're looking for someone."

The officer was really polite, and the only question he asked me about my .40 was, "You're not a felon, right?"

Haha, last time I checked, no.

[EDIT=Thought about it after the fact. This probably belongs in the "Eastern WA OC Thread." Sorry in advance.]

Last edited:

1245A Defender

terry? really?

did they Only ask about gun? being a felon?
did they ask for ID? where you goin? whos your daddy? where you work? why you up so late?
did you tell them, there is no gun exemption in terry?
did you match a description?
it seems that they just felt that they were required to make contact with Everybody!
did you buy a snack?

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

I think maybe not

Were you in the area they were looking for the "person"?
Did you match the description of the "person"?
Did he expect a felon to answer "Yeah, I'm a felon"
Did he run any info on you, or your gun?

Aaron1124

Were you in the area they were looking for the "person"?
Did you match the description of the "person"?
Did he expect a felon to answer "Yeah, I'm a felon"
Did he run any info on you, or your gun?

You'd be surprised. During the multiple ride-a-longs I have gone on, most people admitted all of their charges, to their knowledge, when asked. One man was speeding 52 in a 35. When asked for his license, his response was "Well to be honest, I am pretty sure it's suspended."

Officer - "You're pretty sure?"

Guy - "Yeah, it is suspended"

Lovenox

The cop was obviously just checking the box and you weren't a person of interest...IMHO