• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

triad OC dinner sep 11th 6 pm

nobama

Just wanted to say a couple of us will be eating at Prissy Pollys BBQ in Kernersville fri eve, sep 11th. Everyone welcome. 6 PM.

farkles

I'm going to assume Friday if I don't check back here in time (busy few days coming up). Ruger I told Ritt** (changed to protect innocent...) about our OC events, and sounded like he would be interested in one. You might let him know if you have his email or phone number.

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
I'll be there.

if it was on the 11th i would not be able to make it due to it being opening day for bow deer season.

Dove hunting from 6am -noon, then deer hunting from 1- night fall

gunna be a good Saturday.

and for people that hunt, but don't read the NC wildlife book you can now hunt on Sundays, using bow.

farkles

I think we've not had a run in with LEO in the past at OC meetups, but anyone bringing video cameras/audio recorders or have phones with video/audio?

farkles

Hah, no trouble expected but I did just yesterday watch some more blood boiling youtube clips of cops harassing OCers, mostly in other states. I saw the video of Greensboro officer about having an aneurysm over the guy having a gun on his hip near the abortion clinic. I think they don't want any more controversy like that with the new chief, but Kville could be another story.

I do have a voice recorder app on my iPhone, but no available space if it went for any length...perhaps someone with an iPhone 4 or a droid with video and voice would be great.

As the boy scouts say "always be prepared"

smlawrence

I'm new and missed the post

I am new to this site and missed the post for the OC dinner in K'ville. I would of certainly of been there in support with much support with me. I would be in great debt if someone could email me when these events are going to be in the Triad just in case I miss them on here. Im new to the whole OC scene but it has been weighing heavy on my mind and heart as of lately and maybe its God guiding me but I feel that I should be learning as much as I can about it and talking/teaching ones that I come across about it as well. Yall have a great site and I look forward to being a part of it.