Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Springs Open Carry Dinner - Saturday, Sep 25th, 6pm

Cool Colorado Springs Open Carry Dinner - Saturday, Sep 25th, 6pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    September 25th, Saturday, OC Dinner, Colorado Springs.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere where we can congregate and move around a lot. Like a buffet. Golden Corral?

Sounds good. Golden Corral sounds like the perfect place. Which one? There's the one on Powers and Palmer Park or Powers and Woodmen.

Both are about the same distance from me, but I vote the one on Woodmen, it's just easier to get to. Also, this sounds exceptionally nice, I enjoy the breakfasts, but I am not a morning person and they are killing me, especially when I have to get up two or three hours early to make sure I'm awake and able to function before I get there lol.

Woodmen is nicer and has higher quality food. I think Golden Corral would be great (I've OC'd there before), but I didn't want to totally thrust it on you guys.

Zombie Zack? lol.

And this'll be a big one, folks. There are 450+ members of the Facebook Group, and at least a dozen are 'maybe' attending already.

I've got to double check the schedule, but I may be in - have to see if I can drive all the way down from Arvada (and if I want to ride, what I'm going to do with denver pd and a motorcycle).

Quote Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post
    I've got to double check the schedule, but I may be in - have to see if I can drive all the way down from Arvada (and if I want to ride, what I'm going to do with denver pd and a motorcycle).
    Just don't let your feet touch the ground. lol.

Zombie Zack? lol

And I noticed that on the facebook group, it'd be really nice to have like 40 people show up. I like meeting people on a smaller scale, but I think it would be good for the view of OC if that many people showed up.

And I don't think OC on a private means of conveyance would be too much of a problem, but if it is, there is always C470 down to 25...

I think I should be able to make it. If anyone needs a ride I live in Littleton but I work in Denver at 6th and I-25, and work till 3pm that day, I can give you a ride. I can take one normal size person and one TINY person (got to love a 4 seat japanese sport car)

The Woodmen location works better for me, only about 5 minutes from my house

I should be able to make it. I got to get a holster for my SIG P-220 Carry (not easy).

Quote Originally Posted by ooghost1oo View Post
    Just don't let your feet touch the ground. lol.
    Pray for no traffic!

I do have my CCW, so I could conceal on that portion of the trip.

ok, I'm in. Clear and good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by George Mann View Post
    I should be able to make it. I got to get a holster for my SIG P-220 Carry (not easy).

Have you tried www.midwayusa.com? I'm getting my new holster from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Live View Post
    Have you tried www.midwayusa.com? I'm getting my new holster from them.
    I am looking at a Galco Combat Master CM250B. I will probably get it from OpticsPlanet or eBay.

Have you checked out all the shops locally? You'll pay more, but yeah... there's a place here in the springs that has everything you could ever want. They are expensive, but it's fun to go browse around.
    Last edited by ZackL; 09-11-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZackL View Post
    Have you checked out all the shops locally? You'll pay more, but yeah... there's a place here in the springs that has everything you could ever want. They are expensive, but it's fun to go browse around.
    I don't know this town very well yet. I live on the south side of Old Colorado City. Paradise Sales is just up the street, but I have yet to visit them.

I now have my eye on the Bianchi CarryLok. I need to find someone local who sells the line.

Specialty Sports at 4285 E Fountain is the name of that place, HUGE selection and almost literally everything you could ever want. I haven't been to Paradise, but I've heard pretty good things and they were helpful when I called them and asked questions.

We have a reservation in the banquet room for 20+ folks.

When you arrive, you're with the 'Open Carry Movement'. Make sure they don't charge you an extra 15% gratuity up front--I worked it out that we'll be tipping at the end instead of before we get service.

Sweet man. So which one was it again? The Woodmen one?

Also, if anyone in the Denver area needs a ride just hit me up with a PM.
    Last edited by Half Live; 09-11-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZackL View Post
    Specialty Sports at 4285 E Fountain is the name of that place, HUGE selection and almost literally everything you could ever want. I haven't been to Paradise, but I've heard pretty good things and they were helpful when I called them and asked questions.
    Paradise is a great little store....they are a little store...with limited selection but the staff is great...they are always the first place I go when I need anything (if I can't wait, then I go to Specialty Sports)

I'm tentatively in. I have an invite to spend time with my folks in Vail that weekend, so might have to catch the next one.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I was going to try and make it but I've had to drive down to the Springs three times this week. I really don't feel like making that drive again. Maybe next time...
    Last edited by entartet17; 09-23-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Coming up ... bumpity bump.

4 folks besides me also attending from the Facebook side, as well as 37 'maybes'.

Let's come up with at least 20 people...

Well, I've told a few people about it that have asked me about my gun when they see me (i.e. store clerks, random store patrons, etc.), so we'll see if any of them show up as well. I'm still just ecstatic that this is in the evening as opposed to morning lol.

Also, for those of you who may not have seen it, Whistling Pines is having an open house this weekend from 9-6, both days. I'm going to stop by and see what's needed to sign up for their giveaways and see what they have to offer in terms of their "sale prices" before the dinner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast