• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Springs Open Carry Dinner - Saturday, Sep 25th, 6pm

ooghost1oo

-----------------------------------------------------------------
September 25th, Saturday, OC Dinner, Colorado Springs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere where we can congregate and move around a lot. Like a buffet. Golden Corral?

ZackL

Both are about the same distance from me, but I vote the one on Woodmen, it's just easier to get to. Also, this sounds exceptionally nice, I enjoy the breakfasts, but I am not a morning person and they are killing me, especially when I have to get up two or three hours early to make sure I'm awake and able to function before I get there lol.

ooghost1oo

Woodmen is nicer and has higher quality food. I think Golden Corral would be great (I've OC'd there before), but I didn't want to totally thrust it on you guys.

Zombie Zack? lol.

Last edited:

lopoetve

I've got to double check the schedule, but I may be in - have to see if I can drive all the way down from Arvada (and if I want to ride, what I'm going to do with denver pd and a motorcycle).

ZackL

Zombie Zack? lol

And I noticed that on the facebook group, it'd be really nice to have like 40 people show up. I like meeting people on a smaller scale, but I think it would be good for the view of OC if that many people showed up.

And I don't think OC on a private means of conveyance would be too much of a problem, but if it is, there is always C470 down to 25...

Half Live

I think I should be able to make it. If anyone needs a ride I live in Littleton but I work in Denver at 6th and I-25, and work till 3pm that day, I can give you a ride. I can take one normal size person and one TINY person (got to love a 4 seat japanese sport car)

ZackL

Have you checked out all the shops locally? You'll pay more, but yeah... there's a place here in the springs that has everything you could ever want. They are expensive, but it's fun to go browse around.

Last edited:

George Mann

Have you checked out all the shops locally? You'll pay more, but yeah... there's a place here in the springs that has everything you could ever want. They are expensive, but it's fun to go browse around.

I don't know this town very well yet. I live on the south side of Old Colorado City. Paradise Sales is just up the street, but I have yet to visit them.

I now have my eye on the Bianchi CarryLok. I need to find someone local who sells the line.

ZackL

Specialty Sports at 4285 E Fountain is the name of that place, HUGE selection and almost literally everything you could ever want. I haven't been to Paradise, but I've heard pretty good things and they were helpful when I called them and asked questions.

ooghost1oo

We have a reservation in the banquet room for 20+ folks.

When you arrive, you're with the 'Open Carry Movement'. Make sure they don't charge you an extra 15% gratuity up front--I worked it out that we'll be tipping at the end instead of before we get service.

Half Live

Sweet man. So which one was it again? The Woodmen one?

Also, if anyone in the Denver area needs a ride just hit me up with a PM.

Last edited: