Thread: Warm Welcome

Warm Welcome

I was wandering about the net yesterday and came across another forum that LOOKED like it may be like OCDO and have like-minded people posting there. I was wrong on both parts. I was as welcome as George Washington would be if he visited Congress today.

Now I know how some new folks feel when they come here. I find myself guilty of not welcoming a few folks with open arms and accusing them of being "snerts' if they don't use proper nomenclature or know as much about firearms as some others.

We who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. I was saddened to see many who profess support for 2A are completely against OC. They feel OCers are only trying to make a political point or make ourselves feel like REAL MEN than what we really are: Men and women taking responsibility for our personal safety.

I probably won't bother going back to that forum. Its just a waste of time and only annoys the pig.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Now you know why I say "Just because you own a gun doesn't mean we're friends"

There are an awful lot of little Mary's that discovered guns.

Which forum was it? I've felt fairly unwelcome at a couple of "gun" forums myself.

Quote Originally Posted by buster81 View Post
    Which forum was it? I've felt fairly unwelcome at a couple of "gun" forums myself.
    There's no need to ID the forum. THe OP properly reminded us to be kind to strangers (while having a plan to kill them if necessary, I hope) and noobs who are not up with the latest argot of the board.

stay safe.

The name of the forum shares the name of the part of a range where one normally stands while shooting...

;-X
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    The name of the forum shares the name of the part of a range where one normally stands while shooting...

;-X
    That would be the firing line.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin