• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warm Welcome

MSC 45ACP

I was wandering about the net yesterday and came across another forum that LOOKED like it may be like OCDO and have like-minded people posting there. I was wrong on both parts. I was as welcome as George Washington would be if he visited Congress today.

Now I know how some new folks feel when they come here. I find myself guilty of not welcoming a few folks with open arms and accusing them of being "snerts' if they don't use proper nomenclature or know as much about firearms as some others.

We who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. I was saddened to see many who profess support for 2A are completely against OC. They feel OCers are only trying to make a political point or make ourselves feel like REAL MEN than what we really are: Men and women taking responsibility for our personal safety.

I probably won't bother going back to that forum. Its just a waste of time and only annoys the pig.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Now you know why I say "Just because you own a gun doesn't mean we're friends"

There are an awful lot of little Mary's that discovered guns.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Which forum was it? I've felt fairly unwelcome at a couple of "gun" forums myself.

There's no need to ID the forum. THe OP properly reminded us to be kind to strangers (while having a plan to kill them if necessary, I hope) and noobs who are not up with the latest argot of the board.

stay safe.