• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something to keep an eye on...

arms_libertas

Not a lot of factual information around the content of this US Senate Judiciary Committee hearing and what it will focus on, but the speculation is starting...

http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearings/hearing.cfm?id=4771

A user over at thefiringline summed it up pretty well I think...:

"I sincerely doubt they'd be dumb enough to try and introduce new restrictions two months before the mid-terms. Then again, folks do some pretty dumb stuff.

If it's true reform of the regulatory process, it could be a good thing.

If it's an attempt at new restrictions, it will fail to pass, and it will generate public outcry, which would also be a good thing." - Tom Servo

jt59

Hillary

Not that I'm suspious or anything like that, but doesn't it sound like the perfect follow on meeting discriptor to begin discussion on the impact of our Secretary of State signing the UN arms import/commerce international agreement?

But, not to worry they are there in DC watching out for us.....

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/international-gun-ban-treaty/

So do we know what their intentions are?, what exactly are the goals of the reform?

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Not that I'm suspious or anything like that, but doesn't it sound like the perfect follow on meeting discriptor to begin discussion on the impact of our Secretary of State signing the UN arms import/commerce international agreement?

Let me guess, if you keep repeating it, it becomes true, NOT. Hillary has not and will not sign it, Congress will not ratify it.

Most firearm owners don't even buy into the fear mongering above.

jt59

Right-O!

That of course, is the point of the link....:)

Apparently my conspiracy theory humor, failed to show adequately through my fear mongering. :banghead:

my bad

Let me guess, if you keep repeating it, it becomes true, NOT. Hillary has not and will not sign it, Congress will not ratify it.

Most firearm owners don't even buy into the fear mongering above.

Beretta92FSLady

You should probably use the faces on the right :lol: then I know you are being funny,a nd not serious, like some people who post those things are :p