• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permits and training classes

J.Gleason

Banned
Elections are coming up, can someone tell me where I have to go to get my permit to vote? Oh and I will need training too. Can someone point me in the right direction for a mandated voters training course?
I never realized how much goes into placing an x in a box.
Must be even harder to pull a trigger since there is getting to be so much talk on here about training and permits.

The Don

Elections are coming up, can someone tell me where I have to go to get my permit to vote? Oh and I will need training too. Can someone point me in the right direction for a mandated voters training course?
Must be even harder to pull a trigger since there is getting to be so much talk on here about training and permits.

That sounds suspiciously like Free Speech. I'm going to need to see your permit for that.

The Don

you forgot about the fee beinbg set at a level to try abd keep single mothers from casting their vote, According to some people, you got to make sure some people can't afford to vote either.

well yeah...we don't want the *poor* to vote...they'll just mess stuff up.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
well yeah...we don't want the *poor* to vote...they'll just mess stuff up.

Remember, we don't want the poor or underemployed to be able to defend themselves either, because they will not be able to afford an attorney to *"Prove Their Innocence" either. We just cant have personal responsibility no can we.

(Sadly, many judges expect the accused to try and prove their innocence these days instead of the burden of proof being on the prosecution to prove their guilt)

protias

You forgot you need to pay $100 for the training, then another $100 for your permit. Then you have to wait 12 weeks until it arrives in the mail. You will then be certified to be able to vote.

Spartacus

Banned

What a sad little thread. I was torn between letting it die or spanking you with it. Since I'm in a spanking mood today I'll go that way.

You do need a permit to vote. Its called Voter's Registration and unless you have ID that shows you to be a resident of your town you cannot vote. Some places even issue Permits or Voter Registration Cards.

You have ALL had training on HOW to vote. If I put an untrained individual in a booth with a voting machine God knows what would happen.

Last edited:

The Don

What a sad little thread. I was torn between letting it die or spanking you with it. Since I'm in a spanking mood today I'll go that way.

You do need a permit to vote. Its called Voter's Registration and unless you have ID that shows you to be a resident of your town you cannot vote. Some places even issue Permits or Voter Registration Cards.

You have ALL had training on HOW to vote. If I put an untrained individual in a booth with a voting machine God knows what would happen.

"What a sad little thread. I was torn between letting it die or spanking you with it. Since I'm in a spanking mood today I'll go that way."

translation:

"Uh-oh, this thread disagrees with me. I could just let it go as good natured chiding since that's something I like to do myself or I could subtly mock and belittle others with a 'clever' opening statement that totally precludes any hope for a rational discussion of my counterpoint. Well, the opening gambit of The Spartacus Maneuver has worked well in the past, I'll go that way."

perhaps the next time you're in a spanking mood you could spank yourself and leave the rest of us out of it.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
It is much easier to just put the troll on Iggy. If everyone here puts him on Iggy we won't have to read his stupidity.
Unfortunately it will go on until his master calls him off. I guess the mods don't care how his comments look to new comers or anyone viewing the forum. I have been talking to some of my friends in the media and they have been watching as well. I guess that is not important enough to shut him up either.

Last edited:

Butch00

When you register to vote you are telling the government you are a citizen of the Federal Corporate Democracy.
The citizen created by the 14th Amendment.
A Sovereign Citizen of the United States of America to vote needs to be a free holder (own land).

Spartacus

Banned
When you register to vote you are telling the government you are a citizen of the Federal Corporate Democracy.
The citizen created by the 14th Amendment.
A Sovereign Citizen of the United States of America to vote needs to be a free holder (own land).

Oh and then we have this popping up.

A sovereign citizen are you Butch? Work for cash and don't pay taxes, eh?

The Don

Typical responses from those that cannot answer the logic.

The sad little joke was about needing a permit to vote and I showed that you did.

Suck it up.

No, you didn't. You tried too, fairly poorly, and were unsuccessful.

Voter's Registration merely proves you're a citizen and ensures that 1, you vote in the right place and 2, you only vote once. That's it's intent. Any citizen who wants to vote doesn't have to pass a background check or have special training to do so (which is the intent of permits and training)...they have to prove they are a citizen.

Voter's Registration is more equivalent to the current laws we have in place to purchase a gun, rather than any sort of permitting or training along the lines of what we're talking about with guns. It's even more equivalent to the currently gun purchasing laws if you take into account age and certain criminal record considerations.

You don't have to apply to be able to vote and wait for the government to approve it, which is what you do with a permit.

You don't have to complete training and then demonstrate you meet some governmentally determined level of skill or proficiency in order to vote, which is what you have to do with training courses.

As an aside...I'm curious, what training have you had on how to vote? Pretty sure after I turned 18 and I showed up to vote the first time I just went to the right place on campus with a piece of mail, showed that to a nice old lady, waited in line, went into a booth, read the directions, and voted.

I didn't know there was a class I was supposed to take so I was trained properly. Crap, did I do something wrong? Do I need to inform someone so all of my votes since then can be retroactively removed from the final totals. Jeez...I hope I don't cost anyone an election since I did it wrong.

Oh no! I just checked around the office...no one here had any sort of training on how to vote. So either we all did it wrong or you're wrong...hmmm...I wonder......(strokes chin thoughtfully)...

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
No, you didn't. You tried too, fairly poorly, and were unsuccessful.

Voter's Registration merely proves you're a citizen and ensures that 1, you vote in the right place and 2, you only vote once. That's it's intent. Any citizen who wants to vote doesn't have to pass a background check or have special training to do so (which is the intent of permits and training)...

Thats because voting never killed anyone. Doh...

Listen, you can try and baffle me with bullsh!t as much as you like but the thread and the responses are pathetic.

I've been online ever since Al Gore and I invented the internet and have seen just about every trick in the book for avoiding a logical argument. You guys are doing the pig-pile maneuver. It doesn't matter whether the guy is right or wrong, just pile a bunch of words and posts on him and hopefully what he is saying will get covered up.

Thankfully pig-piling is more obvious than sh!tbirding. Since Doug got knocked out of the box you birds don't have any place to sit and poop so I guess pig-piling is your only option. Whats really sad is when sh!tbirds poop all over themselves to try and get a dubious point across. Thats called Pigsh!tting and smells worst of all.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Wow! Very uninformed. How about the Iraqis and Afghanis who stood in line and had people with bombs blow themselves up while wanting to vote? How about in our country, the people trying to vote violating Jim Crow laws?

My message is very clear. I am not pig-piling. I am refuting your arguments that have no basis. We can either agree to disagree but you saying you support Constitutional Carry and then spouting off that we need training and we don't want gangsta wanna-bees to carry and all the rest is talking out both sides of your mouth.

I personally don't want to accept restrictions on my rights. Will I? Depends. Will I always ask/tell my representatives that I want more? Darn right!

The Don

Listen, you can try and baffle me with bullsh!t as much as you like but the thread and the responses are pathetic.

I've been online ever since Al Gore and I invented the internet and have seen just about every trick in the book for avoiding a logical argument. You guys are doing the pig-pile maneuver. It doesn't matter whether they guy is right or wrong, just pile a bunch of words and posts on him and hopefully what he is saying will get covered up.

Thankfully pig-piling is more obvious than sh!tbirding. Since Doug got knocked out of the box you birds don't have any place to sit and poop so I guess pig-piling is your only option. Whats really sad is when sh!tbirds poop all over themselves to try and get a dubious point across. Thats called Pigsh!tting and smells worst of all.

Do you even read my posts before you respond?

How did I not make a logical argument?

I explained the difference in intent and scope between Voter Registration and Permits/Training. I also explained that Voter Registration is more akin to laws governing purchasing handguns than it is to Permits and Training and why.

If it takes a lot of words to make a point, that's not pig-piling, it's called explaining yourself completely. (Nice made up term, btw - I've been on the internet a long time, too, and I've never heard that one before. Is that one in the same dictionary you used to define "sh!tbird" but couldn't find a definition for "hypocrite" or "hypocrisy"? Maybe you should buy a better dictionary. I'll chip in a couple bucks if you're short cash.)

As for Doug getting "knocked out of the box", I seem to remember he posted he was going on vacation. I also remember you wishing him a safe trip or something to that effect. You know this. So why are you fronting like you got him banned out or drove him away or something like that?

So I see we're still at step 5 of the Spartacus Maneuver. Any chance you could just skip ahead to step 7, claim you're the victim, and try to have a rational discussion once. Any maybe try to post a response that doesn't have swear words or euphemisms for swear words sometime. Surely when you spent 8 years studying with a Shaman in Peru or whatever it was, you learned how to communicate without swearing.

Spartacus

Banned
My message is very clear. I am not pig-piling. I am refuting your arguments that have no basis. We can either agree to disagree but you saying you support Constitutional Carry and then spouting off that we need training and we don't want gangsta wanna-bees to carry and all the rest is talking out both sides of your mouth.

Here we go again. If you are sooo refuting me then go over to the Constitutional Carry thread that Don started and have at it.

It got real quiet after Captain Nemo supported what I've been saying all along.