• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permits and training classes

The Don

Here we go again. If you are sooo refuting me then go over to the Constitutional Carry thread that Don started and have at it.

It got real quiet after Captain Nemo supported what I've been saying all along.

That thread was a legitimate question about Permits, not Constitutional Carry. It turned into a discussion about Constitutional Carry, eventually.

It was even a civil discussion for a while.

Spartacus

Banned
Do you even read my posts before you respond?

How did I not make a logical argument?

I read your argument and I will skip and snip all the insults as they mean nothing to me.

A permit is a permit. You have a permit to vote whatever conditions it was obtained under. There is a 3x5 card sitting in an office somewhere with your personal information same as when you get a concealed carry permit. No difference.

The silly thread was started as a sideways attack of me and I let it go until now. If you read the first few posts you can see that the posts are set up to make it seem like the Constitutional amendments are somehow written in stone and perfect in every way with no supporting legislation by the states needed to fill them out.

They are not perfect and sometimes the amendments themselves need amending, or even repealing as was the case with the failed prohibition of alcohol.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I read your argument and I will skip and snip all the insults as they mean nothing to me.

A permit is a permit. You have a permit to vote whatever conditions it was obtained under. There is a 3x5 card sitting in an office somewhere with your personal information same as when you get a concealed carry permit. No difference.

The silly thread was started as a sideways attack of me and I let it go until now. If you read the first few posts you can see that the posts are set up to make it seem like the Constitutional amendments are somehow written in stone and perfect in every way with no supporting legislation by the states needed to fill them out.

They are not perfect and sometimes the amendments themselves need amending, or even repealing as was the case with the failed prohibition of alcohol.

You need to read definitions:

Permit - an authoritative or official certificate of permission
Registration - an official act of registering one's name in the list of qualified voters.
Registering - a list or record of such acts, events, etc.

So..... You don't need permission to register :banghead:

Read it a couple times. You'll get it eventually.

The Don

It was a civil pig-pile.

I didn't think so. You and I even civilly agreed to disagree at one point. At least I thought we did from my end, anyway.

I just had a thought, and I seriously don't mean any offense by this, but it came to me when I read your post - call it cadence, tone, common speech patterns, etc.

If you mean (and I'm not saying you do), pig-pile as a euphemism for another sort of pile that starts with an "N", you can check that crap right now. There's no place for that sort of talk here or anywhere, euphemism or not.

And if you're not, then apologies for reading more into it than you meant.

The Don

Insults? The only vaguely insulting thing in my original argument was the part about if I needed training to vote.

The only way that could be seen as insulting is if you were wrong and it upset you that someone pointed it out.

If you weren't wrong, it wouldn't be insulting.

If you were wrong, but weren't upset that someone pointed it out, it wouldn't be insulting.

I notice that you haven't tried to argue you were right about needing training to vote. Here's another opportunity to admit you were wrong like a man should.