Thread: 3rd Annual Chili event in Taylor 10/24

3rd Annual Chili event in Taylor 10/24

Where- Heritage Park in Taylor

When- 12:00 pm, october 24

What- The 3rd Annual Chili Fest!

Bring- Chili or some other dish to pass

The Expert- Fruit and Veggie tray

Radioman- Pumpkin pie, if available to make it

Evil Creamsicle and Michigander- Paper plates, dishes, and plastic utensils. Also Styrofoam cups, hot chocolate powder, 2 gallons of water and a tea kettle to put on the grill I hope someone will be bringing...
    Last edited by Michigander; 10-24-2010 at 01:36 AM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

This is a good park that has gills & all the bells & whistles!

http://www.cityoftaylor.com/heritagepark

Chili' ROCKS! Yummy! I'm in!

I will bring my specialty Venison Chili if I can make it. Right now, I am in!

Why is all of the Cool stuff so far away! Between work and Family and now hunting season approaching I don't have time for jack! That sucks. I love Chili and am a fair hand at making a good pot as well. I have 11 different kinds of peppers in the garden right now just begging to get into a big pot of chili. Who likes Habanros? HOT!
    ‎"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

Thumbs up Field trip in the spring guys & gals?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent1 View Post
    Why is all of the Cool stuff so far away! Between work and Family and now hunting season approaching I don't have time for jack! That sucks. I love Chili and am a fair hand at making a good pot as well. I have 11 different kinds of peppers in the garden right now just begging to get into a big pot of chili. Who likes Habanros? HOT!
    We'll have to try for an event in bad axe, kinde, or Port Austin in the Spring. Maybe make it a field trip with a stop at Randy's to check out guns & ammo?

BUMP

Can't we get more interest? These events have been rather popular in past years.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    BUMP

Can't we get more interest? These events have been rather popular in past years.
    I think the date being a little ways off may have something to do with some folks hesitating and that's understandable these days, heck I need to leave a sticky note to remember my PDA to find my GPS, so I can find my way to the many tasks of the busy, busy, day!

Hi ho, Hi, ho, it's off to silliness I go!

:0
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-14-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: typo

Bumpity bump bump

i am there! cont me in!

yes a nice little day trip to bad axe or some more nother area to meet some ocers outa yonder, and up the road a piece from the big rock and over the hills and through the trees to grand mothers house we go! i am in,,so long as we have some lead time! spring sounds good!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    yes a nice little day trip to bad axe or some more nother area to meet some ocers outa yonder, and up the road a piece from the big rock and over the hills and through the trees to grand mothers house we go! i am in,,so long as we have some lead time! spring sounds good!
    +1! That's the spirit! Remember: "It's not just a movement, it's a 2A ADVENTURE!" Carry on Sir!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 10-06-2010 at 12:24 AM.

I'll try and make it out, pretty much right in my back yard.

I don't do chili (as in don't make it...I'll eat it just fine ) but I can bring a chunky salsa, or desert.......cheesecake, anyone?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
    I'll try and make it out, pretty much right in my back yard.

I don't do chili (as in don't make it...I'll eat it just fine ) but I can bring a chunky salsa, or desert.......cheesecake, anyone?
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Cheesecake.............droooooooling.....Like Homer Simpson at a Donut convention..........yummm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-4P1WPE-Qg
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 10-08-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: drooling drooling drooling ;)

joeywhat, nice choice of food i will eat any of it! hint hint,,,,,,

Bumpity bump bump.

I too am a chili eater who doesn't make it.

chilli event coming up! whos comin?? should be a great way to get out there and meet and greet with the local yocals! lookin forward to seein ya PD, Glock9mm, michigander, and others!!! should be a real hoot!

I'll try to be there...I don't get out of church until 12:30 though...so I'll be late.

Are you going to be at the main Pavilion by the play scape...or somewhere else?
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Where- Heritage Park in Taylor

When- 12:00 pm, october 24

What- The 3rd Annual Chili Fest!

Bring- Chili or some other dish to pass

Oldstyle and I were talking about this a couple weeks ago, I said I'd post it up, and I almost forgot about it. DOH!

,I'm thinking sunday October 24 at noon. The date can of course be altered if enough people want to have it on a different date.

I'll update this post as details are figured out.
    I dont know the park, where are we to meet at noon!
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Hmmm .... Fall weather, chili, cheesecake, guess that means I'll have to get my arm twisted and make a pumpkin pie. Now if I can just make sure that work doesn't get in the way.

Radioman

so far this seems to be working up to a be a really great showing! so lets keep it going!

the mission should you choose to accept it,,, at high noon in taylor there will a meeting of like minded individuals, there is a strong chance of chili and cheese cake. maybe even some rogue pumkin pie, there may even be an illicit exchange of handshakes!

due to the BATFE this message will not self destroy, without the prior, correct paperwork, stamps of approval, and fees paid. all filed in tripliquet with any other fee, or charge scale of unknown, or known stamps, signatures, or handshakes, with 20$bills or not.

I think that I'll bring the fruit and veggie tray, as the major fixin's seem to be covered already.
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
    I'll try to be there...I don't get out of church until 12:30 though...so I'll be late.

Are you going to be at the main Pavilion by the play scape...or somewhere else?
    Oldstyle and I had been discussing the idea of trying to make it an inside event, but it looks like it would be rather pricey, and additionally, the first 2 were outside. So it looks as though it will be an outside event.

I'm not familiar with the park, but if that's a good spot, sounds good to me to plan to meet there.

well if anyone is unsure about where exactly to meet just wonder around until you see a bunch of guys and gals with guns! that will probably be us! i will be following my own advice!

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i will be there plus 2... is anyone covering bowls and utensils? drinks?
    i will bring bbq beans
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 10-23-2010 at 01:43 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast