• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3rd Annual Chili event in Taylor 10/24

Michigander

Where- Heritage Park in Taylor

When- 12:00 pm, october 24

What- The 3rd Annual Chili Fest!

Bring- Chili or some other dish to pass

The Expert- Fruit and Veggie tray

Radioman- Pumpkin pie, if available to make it

Evil Creamsicle and Michigander- Paper plates, dishes, and plastic utensils. Also Styrofoam cups, hot chocolate powder, 2 gallons of water and a tea kettle to put on the grill I hope someone will be bringing...

Last edited:

Agent1

Why is all of the Cool stuff so far away! Between work and Family and now hunting season approaching I don't have time for jack! That sucks. I love Chili and am a fair hand at making a good pot as well. I have 11 different kinds of peppers in the garden right now just begging to get into a big pot of chili. Who likes Habanros? HOT!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Field trip in the spring guys & gals?

Why is all of the Cool stuff so far away! Between work and Family and now hunting season approaching I don't have time for jack! That sucks. I love Chili and am a fair hand at making a good pot as well. I have 11 different kinds of peppers in the garden right now just begging to get into a big pot of chili. Who likes Habanros? HOT!

We'll have to try for an event in bad axe, kinde, or Port Austin in the Spring. Maybe make it a field trip with a stop at Randy's to check out guns & ammo?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
BUMP

Can't we get more interest? These events have been rather popular in past years.

I think the date being a little ways off may have something to do with some folks hesitating and that's understandable these days, heck I need to leave a sticky note to remember my PDA to find my GPS, so I can find my way to the many tasks of the busy, busy, day!

Hi ho, Hi, ho, it's off to silliness I go!

:0

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

yes a nice little day trip to bad axe or some more nother area to meet some ocers outa yonder, and up the road a piece from the big rock and over the hills and through the trees to grand mothers house we go! i am in,,so long as we have some lead time! spring sounds good!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
yes a nice little day trip to bad axe or some more nother area to meet some ocers outa yonder, and up the road a piece from the big rock and over the hills and through the trees to grand mothers house we go! i am in,,so long as we have some lead time! spring sounds good!

+1! That's the spirit! Remember: "It's not just a movement, it's a 2A ADVENTURE!" Carry on Sir!

Last edited:

Joeywhat

I'll try and make it out, pretty much right in my back yard.

I don't do chili (as in don't make it...I'll eat it just fine ;) ) but I can bring a chunky salsa, or desert.......cheesecake, anyone?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I'll try and make it out, pretty much right in my back yard.

I don't do chili (as in don't make it...I'll eat it just fine ;) ) but I can bring a chunky salsa, or desert.......cheesecake, anyone?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Cheesecake.............droooooooling.....Like Homer Simpson at a Donut convention..........yummm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-4P1WPE-Qg

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

chilli event coming up! whos comin?? should be a great way to get out there and meet and greet with the local yocals! lookin forward to seein ya PD, Glock9mm, michigander, and others!!! should be a real hoot!:banana:

The Expert

I'll try to be there...I don't get out of church until 12:30 though...so I'll be late.

Are you going to be at the main Pavilion by the play scape...or somewhere else?

Onnie

Where- Heritage Park in Taylor

When- 12:00 pm, october 24

What- The 3rd Annual Chili Fest!

Bring- Chili or some other dish to pass

Oldstyle and I were talking about this a couple weeks ago, I said I'd post it up, and I almost forgot about it. DOH!

,I'm thinking sunday October 24 at noon. The date can of course be altered if enough people want to have it on a different date.

I'll update this post as details are figured out.

I dont know the park, where are we to meet at noon!

Radioman

Hmmm .... Fall weather, chili, cheesecake, guess that means I'll have to get my arm twisted and make a pumpkin pie. Now if I can just make sure that work doesn't get in the way.

Radioman

NHCGRPR45

so far this seems to be working up to a be a really great showing! so lets keep it going!

the mission should you choose to accept it,,, at high noon in taylor there will a meeting of like minded individuals, there is a strong chance of chili and cheese cake. maybe even some rogue pumkin pie, there may even be an illicit exchange of handshakes! :banana:

due to the BATFE this message will not self destroy, without the prior, correct paperwork, stamps of approval, and fees paid. all filed in tripliquet with any other fee, or charge scale of unknown, or known stamps, signatures, or handshakes, with 20$bills or not. :rolleyes: