• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3rd Annual Chili event in Taylor 10/24

Michigander

I'll try to be there...I don't get out of church until 12:30 though...so I'll be late.

Are you going to be at the main Pavilion by the play scape...or somewhere else?

Oldstyle and I had been discussing the idea of trying to make it an inside event, but it looks like it would be rather pricey, and additionally, the first 2 were outside. So it looks as though it will be an outside event.

I'm not familiar with the park, but if that's a good spot, sounds good to me to plan to meet there.

NHCGRPR45

well if anyone is unsure about where exactly to meet just wonder around until you see a bunch of guys and gals with guns! that will probably be us! i will be following my own advice!:lol:

Michigander

i will be there plus 3... is anyone covering bowls and utensils? drinks?
i will bring bbq beans

I just updated the post to reflect on who is bringing what. I will bring the eating utensil stuff unless someone already has it handy, in which case I will skip buying it and get something else.

If anyone else is bringing specific stuff, please post about it so I can update the original post, hopefully saving us the trouble of having 20 plates of cookies or some other heavy redundancy of food, which happens rather frequently.

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
are there electrical outlets there? i remember this being a bit of an issue at the first chili outing at belle isle. especially for me because taylor is so far and my dish will have cooled quit a bit by the time i get there. also, has anyone reserved a pavilion in the event the weather is as crappy as it was today?

Last edited:

Michigander

Sadly, it appears as though no one will actually bring chili. :(

Evil and I are contemplating bringing the good old stand by, hot dogs. If anyone who is coming has neglected to post what they are bringing, please post it before 10:30 am so as to make sure we don't end up with the redundant food that happens all too often.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Chili Cookout with NO chili?

I'll bring some "on the fly" chili, but can't guarantee how good it will taste. I'll also bring a couple of 2 liters of pop.

If someone brings some hot dogs and buns that would be good.

I have a small amount of charcoal, but the charcoal grills there are large so if anyone has some more, please bring it.

See you all in a bit.

***Note for all for our next Chili event: If you bring your chili in a stainless/metal pot with a lid, it heats up very well over a charcoal grill. ;)

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Great food & fun shared by over a dozen who made it out ;)

Thanks to all who made it out. We had a great time & managed to distribute some tri-folds also ;)

The food included: Chili, Hamburgers, Hot dogs, fresh fruit, chips, donuts, etc... Thanks again to all who set this up & to all who brought food & drinks.

See you next spring for some more good times & good eats!

:)